Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To my treasurenet friends....it's good to be back on the posts.

Yesterday after work I headed to the farm and knew I had about an hour to detect.

A little going over ground that I'd hit before and then I cut through an adjacent corn field. Got a sweet signal in the high sixties that took me 5 minutes to recover since I was doing a live dig recording; turned out to be a '54 wheat.

Down through that field and then ended up in another cornfield where I stumbled upon a mid to high tone, deep signal that I thought may be just iron, but it turned out to be two IHCs stuck together. Well, the sun was setting and my fingers were cold but I kept on getting signals in this 8 square foot area and eventually recovered a total of 8 IHCs. These are in rough shape mostly to the fact that they were likely dropped as an entire coin pouch and were in contact with one another for years. In fact, the closest date I can come up with for the drop is 1910. One of the groupings of coins is a stack of 3 and one of the end coins is a Lincoln head cent. Most, but not all of these coins are from 1900 - 1908 with a couple from the later 1800s.

Turned out to be a very productive short hunt, certainly the fastest and most numerous recovery of Indian Head cents I've experienced.
Indian_spill.jpg

Here's a link to one of my digs:

Upvote 28
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx JackalopeZL1! That site is in Baltimore County. Still glad we chose Druid, though. I don't think you would have found a seated at this site.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds. Good story, thanks for sharing.
A lil time out swinging is better than none! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread