Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I was looking on this board at 6:00 and i decided that i should be MD'ing rather than seeing other people's finds. I went to the nearest park within walking distance (ohhh, that driving permit is sooooo close) which i have pounded for a year and a half. Among other things, i found my first silver roosie, first barber half, and first barber quarter. I got a jumpy signal between dime and iron and i decided to dig it. Out popped a neat swiss army knife. I have never seen one with mother of pearl inlay (any idea on age?). Then i bumped up my sensitivity (thanks everyone for the suggestion and range in which i should change it) and i got a deep signal. I saw a dull silver coin and i got my second roosie out of the park. It is a beat-up real bad but it is my 17th silver coin!

Also, i took a picture of today's lead haul. A HUGE chunk of lead pipe buried 10 inches deep prompted my to take this pic. It is so irritating that people leave all this lead around (even if they didn't know it was deadly at the time). This is one of the many reasons i don't drink ground water...

I think i should bring these chunks in to the town meeting about getting city water :P

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Oh, but lead pipes makes water taste sooooo much better. Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread