Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the last few days poking around in a TX ghost town. The best find of the weekend was the AB Kerr token that I posted Saturday. Added a few more buffaloes to the list and a couple of silver war nickels.
Here's a group pic of everything together.

_MG_7450.JPG

Upvote 7

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool I always wonder it seems more and more areas are owned by someone and your not allowed to treasure hunt..Those are some great finds I love history and just knowing who ever dropped that stuff it was frozen in time in that exact place till you dug it up.. Good job... Thanks for sharing your cool finds!!!!!

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool I always wonder it seems more and more areas are owned by someone and your not allowed to treasure hunt..

I was super lucky to have a friend that owns property in this town and he knows quite a few of the other property owners. He got us permission to hunt more lots than we could cover in a weekend or even a month. I only wish this wasn't a 4 hour drive for me...I would be hunting there every day!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool I always wonder it seems more and more areas are owned by someone and your not allowed to treasure hunt..Those are some great finds I love history and just knowing who ever dropped that stuff it was frozen in time in that exact place till you dug it up.. Good job... Thanks for sharing your cool finds!!!!!

Texas is something like 99% private property. Pretty much the whole state - makes it tough.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas is something like 99% private property. Pretty much the whole state - makes it tough.

It really does. It makes researching sites bittersweet...you can pinpoint a good spot and then not be able to get on it.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really does. It makes researching sites bittersweet...you can pinpoint a good spot and then not be able to get on it.

Been there. My favorite is when you find a brand new mega-lo-mart on top of what was probably a promising site.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I was little there were creeks tons of fields. Now everywhere you go is private property even the Huron river where you can park and go fishing ect swim is now marked no trespassing by the Railroad we pay taxes for these places. I also remember seeing Frogs Turtles snakes moths Butterflies we used to get cacoons and put em in a screen cage until they hatched What happened to all of those I think that may have been another dimension or something sorry about the rant

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I was little there were creeks tons of fields. Now everywhere you go is private property even the Huron river where you can park and go fishing ect swim is now marked no trespassing by the Railroad we pay taxes for these places. I also remember seeing Frogs Turtles snakes moths Butterflies we used to get cacoons and put em in a screen cage until they hatched What happened to all of those I think that may have been another dimension or something sorry about the rant

I feel your pain. I inherited and still live on my grandparents little farm. The city has grown up around it. There is some open land to the west but about a month ago an article came out in the paper touting, like it's a good thing, a new development that will be a city within a city. 15,000 new homes with police, fire, schools and businesses to bring in 40,000 new residents. Sickening!

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why the relics and old coins and things bottles ect are not going to be around as much in the future so save them!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread