Volleyball anyone ?????

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;) ;) Hit a local volleyball court that I've been frequenting on and off, usually about once or twice a week..pass by it on the way home from work everyday. Just happened to have the Whites MXT with me...as if I don't always ..... started working the three nets, starting under the net, working down through all three, then back and forth to cover both sides of all three nets...Didn't make it past the second net, when the meter pegged out with a loud and noisy overload. Stuck my plastic scoop into the sand, ran the scoop under the coil , and another big huge overload. Started sifting out the sand, and Eureka....there laid a little oriental pouch, with a zipper under the flap. Well, you can imagine what came to MY mind....and it wasn't empty either..shook it a bit hearing the clanging of something inside. Well, the anticipation was too great...I looked around to see if anyone was around, but I had the whole place to myself. I unzipped the pouch, looked inside and almost had a heart attack. My heart stopped a few beats as I saw glimmering staring up at me..two rings..not one but TWO !!!! I pulled them out in my hand, one appears to be a birthstone ring, perhaps a Citrine, don't know, but the other is unmistakable....diamonds..diamonds, and more diamonds. ::) ::) After getting home, cleaned them up a bit with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste. Boy do they shine now. Counted 24 diamonds total on the one, and the other has two small chips - one on either side of the stone , but they didnt test real. However, the other one..did test real. I can just imagine if I lived close to the coast..but living so far away from the ocean, it's hard to find a good place to hunt by the water, which is my favorite place to hunt. So, I just hunt the parks, look for all the volleyball courts I can find, and hit as many playgrounds I can find and thats the extent of my detecting. So, for those who don't believe in volleyball courts, you may want to consider the possibilities...I'm a firm believer now for sure. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all !!!

Attachments

• Diamond1final.jpg
    Diamond1final.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 468
  • Citrine1final.jpg
    Citrine1final.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 474
Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I hit the courts as often as I can, but in two years have found less than a dollar total. It doesn't stop me from hunting, just not lucky yet! Nice finds!!

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i think you found somebodies wedding bands. two rings in a pouch, and they look like a mans ring and a ladies ring. some dum dum shouldnt have taken those to play volleyball with him. normally i dont have much pity for those that darwin didnt get to but i have to feel bad for the guy that lost those.

if you do decide to try to find who owned them i would have the park post a notice and require that whoever claims to have lost them describe them and the pouch they were in. i would not turn them over to the park though, they may end up in someone elses pocket and not the rightful owner's.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I don't find much around vollyball courts either, but I still look. I have found more on the outsides of the playing area. Way to go! Those are some killer rings!

R

RUDY2003

Fabulous rings rocky...
You win with those....

Keep diggin'...

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Sure looks to me like you are finding the right spots wherever they may be!
Sweet digs

HH
~Nash~

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Always check the volleyball courts!

Typically, they're not loaded with targets, but all you need is ONE good find like those rings! Right?

Congratulations!

Ridley

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rocky,
WOW!!! Congrats to you. Two rings in one pouch. FANTASTIC! I had a similar find myself awhile back. Two rings on a volleyball area with five minutes. They were only feet apart from each other.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,85798.msg608739.html#msg608739
Ridley came back the next night and found a third ring within minutes in the same area!
Don't ever pass up a chance to hunt a volleyball area.
Way to go.
=MM-

OP
OP
rockyredbaron

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lined myself up tomorrow in Dallas for 5 sand volleyball courts. Got my fingers crossed ...thanx for the replies all !!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread