Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it took about 50 hours with E-trac but I finally found silver. The barber dime pictured below. Unfortunately it was about an inch down and I could have found it easily with a very cheap detector. I am trying to give this E-trac a fair chance but I have to say coming from an AT pro I am not impressed. I have went over all my At pro spots and this is the only silver I have managed and obviously I just didn't get my coil over it in the past or I would have found it. I am going to keep plugging away with the E-trac but I definitely won't be selling my AT pro anytime soon. I also found a sterling silver ring and a pretty cool local transportation token. Found a clad quarter spill with 6 quarters total in the hole which was my most valuable spill to date lol. IMG_20170409_200145675.jpg IMG_20170409_200135160.jpg IMG_20170409_200103752.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Upvote 8

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. 50 hours on the Etrac is nothing. Put more time on it, the finds will come.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. 50 hours on the Etrac is nothing. Put more time on it, the finds will come.
Thanks I'm sure your right. I might have been spoiled by how easy the AT pro was to learn. I think the E-trac has a lot of potential. I won't give up easily I will put a few hundred hours on this thing before I make any final conclusions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver dime and ring. The token is cool too. I went from an average of 25 silver coins a year with the PRO to 81 silver coins in my first year with the Etrac. There may be more silver to find in New York than in Nebraska. The Etrac uncovered 158 silver coins in it's second year. My best year ever.
The AT PRO has an advantage over the Etrac when it rains. The Etrac does not like water.
Good look with the Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread