Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scouted a new spot tonight, and boy it looks like it might be some good ground. Started finding some bullet shells and various bits of high-tone junk. Then I popped this button from less than six inches, saw the gold, I figured I had a WWI or WWII button. I could not believe when the buffalo face emerged and I knew it was a NWMP button.

I found my first NWMP buttons last year. None of them had any gold gilt on them at all, zero percent. I'm pretty excited that this one is so sweet! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492744414.338585.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492744436.624302.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492744459.766808.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492745078.437263.jpg

Not far away a Barber dime came up. I didn't find a single Barber last year so it was great to get on board so soon this year. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492744563.106094.jpg

Then another NWMP button! This one is rough, and is in the same basic condition as the ones I found last year. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492744645.304947.jpg

This new location is probably 5-6 acres, and I'm excited to have a new place with good possibilities. I was only there for 1.5 hrs tonight. Bring on the weekend!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492744779.595481.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 34

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a 1 in 10,000 button for me. Congrats.

PS. for those that didn't understand we are just talking full gilt, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a 1 in 10,000 button for me. Congrats.

No, more like 100 million. First you'd have to actually find one there, and you'd likely spend your entire life doing it... and then on your 97th birthday and your 127,000th button found metal detecting, on your last target (sorry you die at 97) you finally dig a NWMP police button... it's actually what kills you from a heart attack, bud sadly there is no gilt. So 1 in 100 million. Of course that's a joke because it's actually impossible. :laughing7:

That said, I do think when giving odds 10,000 seems like a big number, but look at how many of us have dug 250,000 holes... 500,000.... 1 million. And look at all the things we've found just one of, or haven't found, so when you have only dug one and it took a million targets to find it (talking targets in general) that's a one in a million find. That's how I describe the trade silver brooch dug by a friend... only one I know of being dug locally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely feel like I've dug a million holes since 2010 lol. Luckily my soil here is generally kind on my finds. I've dug a lot of customs and immigration buttons with lots of gilt, but to dig this button in this condition is a one in a million find to me.

Now, if Cru finds one in England- I give up lol. I suppose an officer could have made his way to England and lost a button but the chances of finding one are slim to none, like Iron Patch's analogy.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, more like 100 million. First you'd have to actually find one there, and you'd likely spend your entire life doing it... and then on your 97th birthday and your 127,000th button found metal detecting, on your last target (sorry you die at 97) you finally dig a NWMP police button... it's actually what kills you from a heart attack, bud sadly there is no gilt. So 1 in 100 million. Of course that's a joke because it's actually impossible. :laughing7:

That said, I do think when giving odds 10,000 seems like a big number, but look at how many of us have dug 250,000 holes... 500,000.... 1 million. And look at all the things we've found just one of, or haven't found, so when you have only dug one and it took a million targets to find it (talking targets in general) that's a one in a million find. That's how I describe the trade silver brooch dug by a friend... only one I know of being dug locally.

Off on one again. All I meant was a 'Full Gilt Button' in ploughed land.:icon_scratch: So I stand by my true statement. (Give or take a couple of hundred)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely feel like I've dug a million holes since 2010 lol. Luckily my soil here is generally kind on my finds. I've dug a lot of customs and immigration buttons with lots of gilt, but to dig this button in this condition is a one in a million find to me.

Now, if Cru finds one in England- I give up lol. I suppose an officer could have made his way to England and lost a button but the chances of finding one are slim to none, like Iron Partch's analogy.
:sadsmiley: Your whole post & title was centred around the 100% Gilt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off on one again. All I meant was a 'Full Gilt Button' in ploughed land.:icon_scratch: So I stand by my true statement. (Give or take a couple of hundred)

This spot is right beside a field that gets ploughed and farmed, but where I found the button doesn't get ploughed. It's right beside the highway into town, and is for sale. Would be a good spot for a gas station maybe?

I tried the spot after my father in law told me his father worked at the old trucking company building (now demolished) very close to the spot. His father had a chicken coop behind the building back in the1960's. I was really expecting to find some1950's-60's coins there.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This spot is right beside a field that gets ploughed and farmed, but where I found the button doesn't get ploughed. It's right beside the highway into town, and is for sale. Would be a good spot for a gas station maybe?

I tried the spot after my father in law told me his father worked at the old trucking company building (now demolished) very close to the spot. His father had a chicken coop behind the building back in the1960's. I was really expecting to find some1950's-60's coins there.

I think the ploughed bit is pretty irrelevant, even if you count the 5-10% of Grassland that we do, the odds hardly differ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread