I cant explain this one...

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I can't explain this one...

So I have had a busy day so far...I posted earlier when I found that 14K 3 diamond necklace pendant at the beach this morning. Well later this afternoon, a friend and I decided to go check out some old abandoned houses near here. Let me explain the attached pics...

Bat: Saw him huddling in the corner of the first house, left him alone...kinda neat to see though.
Spider: Man these things get HUGE in virginia...apparently its a garden spider and not harmless.
Ticks: I hate these things. I actually found those two on me when I got home...one was on my leg...and the other was stuck to something I only let my wife see!
Button: I am not sure what kinda button this is, found it in one of the old houses. It says "L & R METAL PROD. CORP." and "BRONX, NY" on the back.
WhatzitI don't know what this is...it has thread around the top of it and the back says "WMCA" with each letter in an individual box side by side and above that there is "II". Maybe some sort of ribbon\badge?
Pennies Found two of those pennies under an old oak tree...I couldn't read the dates at the time so I waited to get home and wash them off to see. Unfortunately one is 1964 and the other I can barely make out the "O" in "One Cent" but it is too corroded to get a date. Oh well, can't win them all right?

Attachments

• Bat.jpg
    Bat.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 492
  • Spider.jpg
    Spider.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 777
  • Ticks.jpg
    Ticks.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 463
  • Treasure1.jpg
    Treasure1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 516
  • Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 489
  • Whatzit.jpg
    Whatzit.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 475
  • House1.jpg
    House1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 465
  • House2.jpg
    House2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: I can't explain this one...

Great photos!! but this...

"Ticks: I hate these things. I actually found those two on me when I got home...one was on my leg...and the other was stuck to something I only let my wife see!"

not a visual I wanted to see. I guess you were kind of ticked off huh.

Some cool finds, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
cillosis

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used

I was just as surprised as you were...

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

The only thing missing is poison ivy! :D

You did pretty well there! It looks really overgrown.

Congratulations!

Ridley

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth

awesome old house. they probably owe one more payment! you can keep those critters thanx. looks like a good time . gf2 in tx

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Great Pics!!!

Your button is a United States Air Force Service Dress button... I know because I have a closet full of them (still on the uniform). It's prolly no older than 1960s, depicting the USAF Seal that was developed shortly after the AF was introduced as a service in 1947... these buttons were on uniforms from the 50's on and phased out in 1995 in favor of the "Hap Arnold" historical buttons depicting the AF's heritage .

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Nice zoo you have started. Ticks are something we live with down here. Seed ticks are the ones that drive me crazy. You brush up aginst a bush, look down at your legs and see millions of them climbing on you. Just a mass of brown spots. Some cool finds you have there. Way to go!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pictures and finds, Cill. Do you think that maybe your unidentified item is a watch fob?

Attachments

• 1111111.jpg
    1111111.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 398
OP
OP
cillosis

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used

Thanks for the ID on the button Montana! About the watch fob, I could see how that makes sense...I dunno though honestly.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I'm with Nana... looks like a fob, but I also found this about another piece that I could not get a picture of... check out the description:

"Jewelry:Antique:Costume:Collectible:Vintage:Art Deco:Art Nouveau:Dress ...
A gorgeous antique Art Deco dress clip with clear paste stones signed WMCA and also numbered 8. WMCA is the marking for the White Metal Casters Association, manufacturers of pot metal shoe buckles and dress clips in the 1920's and 1930's Art Deco era ..."

Maybe?

I think it's a fob, or art deco dress pin/brooch...

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE

No fear! I got the poison ivy...

Chase

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread