Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to my favorite old park with a few buddies yesterday and we killed it. Jimzilla had the best day of all with a fabulous 1892 Barber half dollar, but everyone came home happy. Between us we had 21 Indians, 3 Seated Dimes, 3 Mercs, 5 Barber dimes, a silver Washington, war nickel and a number of pieces of silver jewelry. Pictured is my share of the finds and a photo of what the group found. We didn't find one silver Rosie, but found 3 seated dimes. Interesting. The park has been pounded for 40 years every weekend by many detectorists. The shallow silver is gone. Only the deep remains. We all use the CTX 3030 and anyone finding anything in this park does the same thing. I threw in a photo of the Wheaties I found yesterday. I don't usually post Wheaties, but I just found so many. Not a bad morning's hunt for all.

20170423_081410.jpg 20170423_081345.jpg

20170423_095719 indians.jpg 20170423_095807 wheaties.jpg

Below is a group photo of what we found.

20170422_152323.jpg

Upvote 22

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks to have been a very productive day. Congratulations!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you all killed it!! To bad a Barber dime couldn't show itself to you for a trifecta. That's a lot of silvers and Indians for a pounded site. Congrats on a Killer day!!

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you all killed it!! To bad a Barber dime couldn't show itself to you for a trifecta. That's a lot of silvers and Indians for a pounded site. Congrats on a Killer day!!

Actually I was talking to one of the guys and it's amazing not one of us ended up with a dime trifecta, especially Jimmy with 4 Barber dimes. You would of thought he could have easily pulled a Merc or Rosie. Last time at this park the only dimes I found were Barbers. Go figure. Can't complain. 8-)

UNERTHEN

Sep 22, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000 with 8", nel sharp, nel sharpshooter. Garrett Ace350 with 8x11 and 4.5 sniper. Garrett at propointer, garrett zlynk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yeah! That's a great number of nice finds for a hunt. :headbang:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a great park, I wish my pounded spots would produce like that!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. I could take you to over a dozen spots I have "pounded" and I can guarantee there is little if any coinage left so I dont know what kind of hunters are pounding that park. Must be a huge park

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. I could take you to over a dozen spots I have "pounded" and I can guarantee there is little if any coinage left so I dont know what kind of hunters are pounding that park. Must be a huge park

Killed it is an understatement. Very nice finds. Like toasted said it must be a big park.

Park is several hundred acres. There even used to be a metal detector dealer across the street starting in the 1970's. In addition to the dozen guys I know that hunt the park, I've run into at least a dozen others detecting there. I see someone else detecting every time I go there and I'm with 3-6 other guys myself. It gets detected a lot. Thing is, now ALL the good stuff is deep. I watched my Jimzilla dig that Barber half dollar and it was minimum 11" deep. Thank God it's a big park. It literally has been heavily detected for more than 40 years.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello don what a great day you had
I love the coins for sure
The small black or blue stoned button?
What is that I like it. Hh gl

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to all for a great day! Those 3030's are beasts...my buddy Mike swings one and boy does she go deep! He gets a LOT of pleasure detecting BEHIND me...and will often call me back to try to pick up a signal on a deep dime or other target...while I can almost always pick it up...I have to really try, from different angles and it's usually a very faint tone...when i first started reading your post, I was thinking "wow, virgin site"...lol. Nice saves...Ddf

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome hunt, nice silvers and injuns!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds!, I need to find an old park like That! Congrats on a great day out

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello don what a great day you had
I love the coins for sure
The small black or blue stoned button?
What is that I like it. Hh gl

Actually it's an earring with a deep red stone. Could be a garnet.

Congrats to all for a great day! Those 3030's are beasts...my buddy Mike swings one and boy does she go deep! He gets a LOT of pleasure detecting BEHIND me...and will often call me back to try to pick up a signal on a deep dime or other target...while I can almost always pick it up...I have to really try, from different angles and it's usually a very faint tone...when i first started reading your post, I was thinking "wow, virgin site"...lol. Nice saves...Ddf

You are right, those 3030's are beasts for going deep. They're the only detector that seems to produce at this park anymore. Boy do I wish I was there when it was a virgin site. In the old days coming out with a dozen seated coins was not unheard of. I know of a pocket spill that had 3 mint seated quarters and a seated dime, but that was in the 80's. I've found multiple coins in the same hole on a number of occasions. It's a great spot, but you have to go slow and dig all the deep targets which means a lot of iron and small pieces of aluminum. I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but the Barber half dollar was a minimum of 11" down (although Jimmy swears 13" :) )

20170422_080332 barber half.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread