Most silver I've gotten in one day.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day. I decided I would go hunt the curb strips downtown for some old coins early this morn. I had just started hunting a curb strip in front of this old house that was built in 1912. I dug up my first silver merc and a couple of wheats when the owner came out to go to work. He asked me if I was finding anything I said just a few coins. I asked him if anyone had ever done his house and he said not that he knew of and had lived there for 35 years. I asked him if it would be ok if I checked his front lawn and he said have at it, I have to go to work. After he left I went back to my car and got the Deus because it had the 9in coil on it and all I had on my CZ6A was the small 5in for the trashy curbstrips. I decided to hit the left side of the concrete walk path leading up the center of the yard to the house first. I took about 3 steps and got a loud tone on the Deus I thought might have been a matchbox car or something big at about 5in which turned out to be the walker. First 50c this year of any type. I then took a walk with the Deus just swinging and listening to get a feel for the yard and couldn't believe what I was hearing. I have never been in a yard or anywhere with this many deeper high tone hits. I always heard that the 70s where people were finding silver everywhere, now I believe it. I still have half that yard to hit and will go back soon. Next time will be prepared with 8in coil for CZ and ctx 3030. Total of 12 silver and a handful of wheats today, tomorrow I hope a lot more.

Attachments

• 20170424_184122.jpg
    20170424_184122.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
Upvote 27

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's what I call a super day! I can't wait until you go back and finish up to see what else you find.

I bet that there are plenty more silver coins there for the taking. Maybe even a gold ring or two.

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tabman

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an insane number of silvers for a single day, congrats!! I once dug 11 silvers over the course of a weekend, but 12 in one day is awesome.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice, found yourself a great spot!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the great number of silver finds! :notworthy:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully, you're out hitting that yard hard again today. After you have gone over it good with your high dollar detectors, go back over it again with your hot and not to be mentioned detector, especially up close to the house. Although, I don't think that the Deus is going to leave much with you behind the wheel.

tabman

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would be so excited, that was a tremendous place, congrats on all that awesome silver

OP
OP
W

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get back out there again today, was to sore from yesterday and the weather here has been windy and rainy all day. I will hit it soon though. I will clean it out with the Deus first and see if any of my other detectors find anything else. Places like that don't come along often or forever so I consider myself lucky. He has a huge backyard to I am going to ask about. Wish me luck!

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bingo! Great job! -Lisa & John

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't get back out there again today, was to sore from yesterday and the weather here has been windy and rainy all day. I will hit it soon though. I will clean it out with the Deus first and see if any of my other detectors find anything else. Places like that don't come along often or forever so I consider myself lucky. He has a huge backyard to I am going to ask about. Wish me luck!

Give him one of those small key chain lights like I hand out to people who let me detect their yards and you'll have no problem at all getting permission to do the backyard. I'll bet the farm that you'll find a lot more goodies at that site! Oh you lucky dog you!

tabman

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, awesome day mate congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread