Hiking along the shagbark

ravenguide

Jul 29, 2007
upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Well back to the haunted road ,the Shagbark.your never alone here.Not uncomfortable,but watched, not from afar,but sort of over your shoulder,in a curious manner, as if the spirit is as excited as you are to see what you find,although it is no fair,I have a feeling he knows where everything is.He feels like a 1700 patriot,or perhaps a tory.They were both on the Shagbark in good numbers.Daylillies fell over an old foundation in an effort to conceal,a brook trickled just out of sight ,and I had just began to work the area where the pull off would have been, when I noticed the birds had stopped singing and there were no more insects buzzing me.Turning to the left,under the darkened trunk of a hemlock was a wagon wheel,that had grown up through the hemlock,which was about a two foot diameter.A weak signal,lazy,I kicked at the ancient moss in the road, and out popped a 1840 half dime ,much as a frog would hop if you touched it's back.Such a small,delicate treasure. Moving on,and now going into the foundation,not much happening,lots of scrap iron,a saw,a fork,so I went back to the perimeter.
There was a flat spot between two ancient maples that were on the downside of their existence, and here I got a signal,loud, and came up with a shiny great condition seated half Dol. the exact same year(1858) as the quarter previously mentioned in another topic. Bending down,admiring my find,I noticed a narrow invisable stream of cold air comming up from the ground,curling around my fingers,and trailing up the sweat soaked shirt.So refreshing in the 90 degree heat,I would come back to this next week.The rest of the hunt resulted in many facinating,although worthless finds that I would of course bring home,to add to the collection of junk piling up,waiting to overflow the woodstump in an effort to hide in the grass to assinate the lawn mower on another day. Tune in for part three of hunting along the shagbark.
Greg

Attachments

• eagleside.jpg
    eagleside.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 512
  • dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 514
  • eagleside.jpg
    eagleside.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 498
  • dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0
L

Lippy86

grats on the nice finds. also you post was very pleasant to read. i really enjoyed it :)

Lippy

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I enjoyed the reading and nice finds. It looks like you have a spiritual friend at that location when you go. Maybe they enjoy the company.
Look forward to the next post.
HH Roy

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Spirits like that are a rare breed, don't make em mad. Great finds!!!

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Well written. And it seems like your friend is helping a little just so you'll stay longer. :)

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Very nice coin and place to hunt and the story was great. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions