Saint from the football field.

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
These are the best finds from yesterday's late afternoon session, on the football pitch. Three pound coins, a pound is worth about $1.28, so worth finding. A nice silver Saint Christopher, should clean up well. Older stuff made an appearance, with a lead spindle whorl probably 18th/19th century. Also a very large bronze, would have to call it an ingot. All in all not a bad session. Will go back again this afternoon, if it's not raining. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_9115.JPG
    IMG_9115.JPG
    563.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9116.JPG
    IMG_9116.JPG
    505.3 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 8

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done,
You don't suppose that St. Christopher doubles as the patron saint of Touchdowns! lol
Congratulations

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow i expected something else reading the head! You may glue St. Chris on the coil to protect you? :laughing7: Like the spindle whorl too, looks like a decorated one?

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Somehow i expected something else reading the head! You may glue St. Chris on the coil to protect you? :laughing7: Like the spindle whorl too, looks like a decorated one?
Hello Westfront, nice to hear from you. Think I'm past protecting :laughing7:. The whorl is not decorated though. Been looking at that large bronze thing though. Seen these on the net tonight, described as late bronze age bun ingots !!!!.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the Christopher medal ! The Vatican has downgraded the former Saint to something more like honorable mention I think. The good news is I don't think these are being produced any more .

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar looking Bronze ingots are known as cast cakes (lol) here. But usually much larger, with 5 to 10kg. Most are flat to make them easy to break. Still possible. Hope you have the real deal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread