First Standing Liberty Quarter

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Well, Well, Well....finally, a reason to post. It has been a very busy summer. Lot's of rain in Texas and not a lot of hunting. I do have a few rings to post later from parks in the area.

I am most excited about my first liberty quarter. It is well worn and I cannot see the date. Bummer! I don't think its the expensive 1917 one that had to be reminted due to the breast exposure issue because the back on the coin is in better condition and there are 3 stars below the eagle.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Yippee!

Upvote 0

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the SLQ! I've yet to find one and have set that as my new goal. Now I'm off to look up what the SLQ looked before it's 1917 reminting. I guess we weren't quite done with Victorian prudery until after the war.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a good feeling to see one of those come out the dirt...Nice find and maybe not worth much to others but you will remember digging that one..HH

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
That's a sweet coin to find and most are dateless unfortunately, but it is still a great treasure and a beautiful coin. Congrats on your first, hope there are more in your near future. Good luck.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
It was very exciting! It's been a while since I have found old silver. It came out clean as a whistle. Since there is not a date, can I assume it is at least 1924 or earlier? They recessed the date in 1925.......I will post pics today.

R

RUDY2003

Cool find, I can't wait to see the pic...

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread