3 Ring Circus!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Well Kinda....3 rings anyway!? Hunted for an hour at lunch today where I found the Peace Dollar two weeks ago.? Got the Mayan ring and some clad.? (The ring read out as a quarter).? Then I finished the day off on the way home with a stop at a sports park.? Hit two more rings, a REAL batmobile, (not a Michael Keaton wannabe batmobile!), a cub scout tie clasp, an earring and some more clad.? The clasp read out as a penny, and the little silver ring read out as a quarter.? The third ring read out as a nickel.? It doesn't have any markings on it and the silver is worn showing through to a sort of Black Hills Gold color.? I'd say it was copper but there wasn't any corrosion involved.? Any Thoughts?? ?It came from 4-5" and looked like it had been there awhile.? Does anyone know what the cub scout clasps are made out of?? It looked really bad when I dug it but it really cleaned up nice.? By the way, the batmobile is a Husky, made in Great Britain, after being under tons of soil (to scale), enough to crush the windshield and ruin the paint job, Batman was still hanging on to the steering wheel!? What a badass!!!? ?;D HH everybody~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02764.jpg
    Dcp02764.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 506
  • 3rc.jpg
    3rc.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Looks like a great day of hunting. The ring with the plating worn through, looks like the kind we ( the boys) use to buy at the jewelry store for $5.00 to give to a girl we were going steady with in high school. She would wear on a chain around her neck or wrap yarn around and wear on her finger. circa. 1970-72

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper/brass on the Boy Scout neck tie

cool digs,

HH

Lonewolfe

don

Jan 21, 2005
Love the Bat Had one just like it when I was a kid

Great job

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the batman car. I had one like it back in 1967. Man what a flash back. At age 6, I was Batman for about 2 years. Ha! Ha!

Ed

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Hey Rtde3....Was there a Robin in this car? If so I should go back and find him. Batman is cast iron so Robin should ring in if he's laying there somewhere. That would be the ultimate rescue, eh? You're right he was a wimp! ;D

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
Hey ecdonovan, how 'bout it.....Was there a Robin? Thx up front~CO2

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Robin. This Batman fought crime in Gotham City solo. I guess you can say I had a one-super-hero imagination. Ha Ha!

Keep Digging,

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread