Helping hand

mudd1242

Greenie
Feb 17, 2005
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
MXT, Troy Shadow, Gemni Three
I had a nice find yesterday even though it was of no value in dollars and cents. The local sheriffs dept. gives me a call when they need help locating hard to find evidence. We had a shooting a few days ago and they knew who did it but were missing the shell caseing and the bullet. They called me to hunt for them. The caseing was found in the first five minutes but it took almost an hour of hard hunting to find the bullet. So now they have the evidence to link the shooter to the shooting. Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great, did you take a course for that. Or did you just let them know if they need help to call you? How did you get started with that?? I know a lot of question, but, I would love to be able to do that for my city. Happy Hunting, Joe

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
8) 8). I think that you ought to make sure you have pics of you with the Sheriff and post them and the article not only here but also at WWATS. Great story-goes to show that they can't hide from the long arm of the law or an 8" coil. WTG!

N

Newbie1967

Nice Job! Did they have you just hunt on your own, or did they walk with you so they could pinpoint the location of the casing and the bullet? Did you get any pictures?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Newbie1967, if I remember correctly, they stay with you and do the digging and retreiving so as to maintain the "chain of evidence" otherwise the defense will say it was planted or have another of many reasons that it shouldn't be entered into evidence at trial. I think some dept. have a metal detector for such purposes but they probably haven't canged batteries in 2-3 yrs. HAHA

OP
OP
M

mudd1242

Greenie
Feb 17, 2005
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
MXT, Troy Shadow, Gemni Three
Hi All, Thanks for all the positive reply's. Answering some of the questions, the only pictures taken were by the officers. They take pictures of the area with markers (I supply these) showing were each item was found. Nitro , there is no special training required other than being compudent with your detector. In getting started I just let them know
of my offer. You might want to get some business cards printed with your name, phone number and a brief note stating the service you're offering. If you hand these out you quite often receive offers to hunt for lost keys, rings, property markers, septic tanks and etc. Sometimes it brings offers to hunt some areas that might not be avaiable otherwise. I reconmend giveing the card to The Head of the Detective Bureau as they are the ones usually looking for the evidence. Happy Hunting.? ? ? ? ? ? ?Mudd 1242

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread