Scratching in the Potato Field

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with a few fellow detectorists for a scratch in a potato field. Field had been hunted pretty hard prior but still managed a few keepers. I found a couple minies, a couple buckles, a couple buttons and a couple coins. The smaller coin is an 1864 Nova Scotia half cent. It is in quite good condition and should clean up nicely. Thanks for looking. I thought the "L" button was pretty cool...

Attachments

• Monday Hunt.JPG
    Monday Hunt.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 668
  • Monday L.JPG
    Monday L.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 656
  • Monday half.JPG
    Monday half.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 645
Upvote 0
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
Nice finds, Romeo...what is the larger coin?

No idea...probably a George the 2nd but it is too far gone.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Ya, nice stuff Romeo. I scratched around in my potato garden and couldn't even find a potato. Are these finds military items or from early settlement?

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question...a rare military button had been found there previously and then I found the 3 and 4 ringers...there was a house on the spot as well...so I am going homestead!

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Were is the potatos ;D... No really nice finds!!!I live in Tennessee.And there is alot of battle grounds here !!The only thing i found civil war is 1 bullet,,1 bowman fuse...There is this one place were i was told there was a huge battle ..Im going to get up some nerves to ask the owner if i could hunt on it....I dont like to be told no so i think thats whats holding me back!lol....This guy lives in a 1800's home the land is right off from his house..nice kept,he even picks up every twig and puts it between the trees.. Shoud see it looks like a beaver hut between each tree lol ..Good luck on your future hunts!!!!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Some cool relics for a potato field. Nice finds!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'll give Shirley a call and have her get in touch with Laverne to let her know you found her button ;)

Great finds! Like someone said on here somewhere...."Just cause it's been hunted, don't mean you won't find anything"

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
You know, it always boggles my mind how people lose belt buckles almost as fast as they lose pennies...just don't make sense to me!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cillosis said:
You know, it always boggles my mind how people lose belt buckles almost as fast as they lose pennies...just don't make sense to me!

Most of the buckles that are found are actually harness buckles from when the horses and oxen worked the land...it is almost impossible to hunt anywhere in Nova Scotia and not find a harness buckle!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Romeo,

That button is a old one for sure. Looks like a uniform button of some sort.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread