One does the back breaking work. The other gets the reward...

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I'm posting this find for my son because he's 10 and well, let's face it, a 10 year old (and probably half of us too [emoji6]) shouldn't be posting in a forum.

It was the long weekend this past weekend. The traditional start to that most glorious of undertakings. Planting flowerbeds to test which flowers can survive your wife's black thumb. My son and I had been out MDing Monday morning without much to brag about and continued our time together with him helping me plant the front bed. As we were finishing, I'm kneeling on the front patio spreading cedar chips, he speaks up from behind me.

Son: Is this yours?
Dig: Is what mine?
Son: This gold cross?

All cedar spreading immediately stops!

Little bugger proceeds to pick a gold cross out from between the patio stones on my front step! I think it's real. Says 14K on it (although it does have the dreaded word Italy). It doesn't show any wear through but I wouldn't tell him it was fake, even if it was. After asking friends who might have visited, I have no idea who's it is. Best I can figure is that either someone dropped it while being scared last Halloween or someone trying to save my soul dropped it when they came up to knock.

Go figure.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495726864.560420.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495726885.577287.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495726911.889620.jpg

Upvote 12

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sometimes the dreaded word Italy is ok but hasn't been for me. that was why I got the acid test kit. still awesome eyes to see it. awesome start for anyone much less a kid:headbang:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even find gold with my detector lol. Congrats on the eyeballed gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread