New Permission @ 1920's Home.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a spot after work of some friends of mine. 1920's home in an old neighborhood in Sterling, Illinois. The yard was pretty ugly and the foundation was littered with roofing nails out to about 10 feet around the home.:BangHead: I worked my tush off to get the little bit of treasure I found. The black oak flies were chewing on me above the neckline pretty severe too. It took me a few hours to finally work myself into a decent signal with my little Nel Snake coil on my Makro Racer 2. The 1941 GW quarter was only about three or four inches deep. I also scored another 1929 Philadelphia penny today. I got one yesterday as well. I think the large brass thingy is part of an old oil lamp? Had a good time and got a few keepers. My silver total for the year is a dismal five coins. I may have to break out of my shell and hit some sidewalk strips and ask for some more permissions. Ya'll have a good weekend when it arrives. Kurios1 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Upvote 13

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange but true, I have found more colonial coppers than GW Quarters. It's where I hunt. Yours is very nice.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I'd keep hunting for those old colonials. Silver GW's really don't thrill me that much other than the content being silver. I don't really care for any of our US coins with presidents or actual people on them. Give me an Indian, Buffalo, Liberty, etc. Those coins have character. Our "modern" coins just aren't appealing to me. That's why I will rarely include clad in my pictures. It's freaking UGLY !

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Silver! Pretty good shape.
Sounds like a tough day with all the nails & flies.
At least you got to go out and found some goodies. I didn't get to go out last night....

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Racer was popping off on iron like a chain gun. Those black oak flies leave a nice welt behind after drawing my sweet "nectar". LOL! I persisted though and managed a few goodies. Do you actually hunt in the dark? I love night hunting. So peaceful and I even think the conditions help assist the machine somewhat. Thanks for stopping by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread