🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today for a few hours to the permission ive hit twice before. Ended up with a buch of clad, a whole lot of trash, two indian head pennies (1885, 1903), a 1951 Washington quarter, a 1935 mercury dime and a 1911 barber dime. For some reason this property is full of coins. Old AND new. Cant seem to find any relics though. Happy hunting!

IMG_9920.JPG IMG_9921.JPG

Upvote 15

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice mix of coins! Congrats on a really good hunt

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My most favorite phrase...."FULL OF COINS" !!! Great finds, beautiful coins Beenfishin, I need a place like that right now, my permissions are drying up i need to put my scouting hat on...congrats, Ddf

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This place is literally full of coins. Pretty much every other square foot has some type of coin in it. Mostly clad up to 6 inches but the good stuff is coming from deeper. Im not too familiar with Ohio dirt fishing but i know out here i have to really be selective with properties. Gotta get off the main drags and even bypass the beaten paths to find some virgin grounds. My public library has 1700s maps hanging in the stairwell that have given me some good ideas where to hunt. Good luck, i dont think ive ever had a permission give up as many nice coins as this one

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you obviously have done your homework and it pays off. congrats on finding such a productive site. enjoyed the post

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beenfishin..just a small heads up...don't overlook the obvious. What I mean is that some of my best performers or sites giving up the goods are some of the dinky, postage-stamp sized yards smack dab in the middle of some of these small towns. If you're fortunate to obtain some permissions, I guarantee you'll be more than surprised! That is, if they haven't been stomped to death already. But good luck, hoping to see more fruits of your labor posted soon...Ddf

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beenfishin..just a small heads up...don't overlook the obvious. What I mean is that some of my best performers or sites giving up the goods are some of the dinky, postage-stamp sized yards smack dab in the middle of some of these small towns. If you're fortunate to obtain some permissions, I guarantee you'll be more than surprised! That is, if they haven't been stomped to death already. But good luck, hoping to see more fruits of your labor posted soon...Ddf

Thanks for the advice. I actually have been overlooking the smaller areas just so i could hunt with a few people but when theyre at work or busy im always out by mysef. Im going to take your advice and try some of the smaller yards around town. Less yard means a smaller place to loose the same amount of stuff, right? I like those odds. Happy hunting!

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. I actually have been overlooking the smaller areas just so i could hunt with a few people but when theyre at work or busy im always out by mysef. Im going to take your advice and try some of the smaller yards around town. Less yard means a smaller place to loose the same amount of stuff, right? I like those odds. Happy hunting!

Exactly! A VERY small yard near downtown in my town, probably 2 sections of yard 10 feet wide, twenty feet long...provided me with my first AND second silvers along with my first Indian Head cent. Just imagine all those kids back in the 40's and 50's running back n forth all these yards dropping all their silver coins...lol, good luck! Let us know how u fare...Ddf

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great variety of coins!! Good hunting

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly! A VERY small yard near downtown in my town, probably 2 sections of yard 10 feet wide, twenty feet long...provided me with my first AND second silvers along with my first Indian Head cent. Just imagine all those kids back in the 40's and 50's running back n forth all these yards dropping all their silver coins...lol, good luck! Let us know how u fare...Ddf

I will keep the posts going...i just hope i get some days without RAIN!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread