It took 155 holes dug to find this

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Northern Michigan/Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger, Garrett Waist treasure bag
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris and I decided to make this a metal detecting weekend.
The quiet time gave us a chance to reflect on those who gave their lives in the ultimate sacrifice for our country and for the very freedom which allows us to do all the things we do. We owe them the deepest gratitude.
This was a young man that grew up across the street from us in Michigan. He was a shy little boy who grew up to be a very brave Marine. He was very much on my mind this weekend, and his family who miss him dearly.
Nicholas Miller.jpg

So.....we used to quiet time well....

We dug and we dug and we dug....155 holes later this is what we got:

1- Clad Dollar Native American
1- Clad Kennedy Half Dollar
Over $13.00 in other clad
and these beauties

CTR Silver Ring 925 and a Sterling Silver Turquoise Phoenix

Metal detecting Memorial Weekend 5-2017 (4).JPG Metal detecting Memorial Weekend 5-2017 (8).JPG Metal detecting Memorial Weekend 5-2017 (5).JPG Metal detecting Memorial Weekend 5-2017 (6).JPG Metal detecting Memorial Weekend 5-2017 (1).JPG Metal detecting Memorial Weekend 5-2017 (2).JPG

Upvote 42

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found a silver CTR ring here, too. You guys must be in the slc area. Always thought of making a day trip down there and getting in some detecting. We just end up taking the kid to the zoo, however :laughing7:

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You counted your holes? That's impressive in itself. Nice finds, and you're blessed to have a significant other who hunts with you.:occasion14:

OP
OP
MackinawGirl

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a silver CTR ring here, too. You guys must be in the slc area. Always thought of making a day trip down there and getting in some detecting. We just end up taking the kid to the zoo, however :laughing7:
We are in Northern Utah right now

OP
OP
MackinawGirl

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You counted your holes? That's impressive in itself. Nice finds, and you're blessed to have a significant other who hunts with you.:occasion14:
Actually I counted the coins after I cleaned them off minus the two holes that were coin spills =) And yes I am so glad that Chris and I do this together. He has taught me so much over the last 8 years detecting with him.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, it is a mormon LDS ring The CTR stands for "Choose the Right" This area has a large LDS population so we find them now and then.

When I was a Utah state cop we called them Corrupt the Righteous rings.

Nice finds

Puma

Greenie
Mar 19, 2017
Washington
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or Choose the Righteous...

Or Choose the Rich.

All of which is a lot funnier if you've spent time in Utah.

Good finds!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed our gratitude should be focused on those who paid the ultimate price so we can enjoy our freedom. I certainly didn't score as well as you two today. I may have to get my headlamp on and go out tonight to see if I can make up for today's shortage. Bless ya'll.

OP
OP
MackinawGirl

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a Utah state cop we called them Corrupt the Righteous rings.

Nice finds
That is probably will stick in my mind now whenever we find them lol Not to offend anyone but it is not my religion and not what I believe in. I am a Christian and I have no other idols except for Jesus.

OP
OP
MackinawGirl

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a nice hunt,
I think your 925 turquoise piece is called a Thunderbird.
Thank you...At first I thought it was an angel, then Chris said it looked like some type of Phoenix but we both agree that you have named it correctly. Thank you for that!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is probably will stick in my mind now whenever we find them lol Not to offend anyone but it is not my religion and not what I believe in. I am a Christian and I have no other idols except for Jesus.

John 14:6 Yeshua is my idol too.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know this Marine personally, but he belonged to 1st battalion 24th Marines and was deployed to Fallujah Iraq the same time I was. My battalion supported theirs, and they lost A LOT of Marines that deployment! We actually picked them up in our trucks and dropped them off at their Forward operating base in the city of fallujah and I thought, "man I hope these guys make it okay!" I think they lost like 20+ Marines...so sad!

I recognized the name and obviously the date coincides with my time in that hellhole. May he Rest In Peace! Thanks for posting this. I think of the Marines of 1/24 a lot. They had a rough rough time there...

Semper Fi brother! Rest easy...

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for remembering the sacrifice that the young man made for all of us.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the jewelry and Kennedy half. Congrats. 7up

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My salute to Corporal Miller and all others who served. We owe you all a debt of gratitude, and a daily remembrance to all who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Semper Fi, Marine.

OP
OP
MackinawGirl

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know this Marine personally, but he belonged to 1st battalion 24th Marines and was deployed to Fallujah Iraq the same time I was. My battalion supported theirs, and they lost A LOT of Marines that deployment! We actually picked them up in our trucks and dropped them off at their Forward operating base in the city of fallujah and I thought, "man I hope these guys make it okay!" I think they lost like 20+ Marines...so sad!

I recognized the name and obviously the date coincides with my time in that hellhole. May he Rest In Peace! Thanks for posting this. I think of the Marines of 1/24 a lot. They had a rough rough time there...

Semper Fi brother! Rest easy...
It was a sad time. His mom is a friend of mine and it was such a devastating time for her. It still is. There were so many lost that mission. Here is a memorial video on youtube if your interested. Too many....too young It is called [FONT=&quot]1st Battalion 24th Marines Memorial Video - Iraq 2006-2007
[/FONT]
Administrator..if I am not allowed to post this link please remove it. Thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions