Absolutely no idea.

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496111537.913900.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496111562.810102.jpg

I found this a few years ago. I love it but I wish I knew what it was.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little more info please ! I like what I'm seeing , were they mounted on the wood when you found them ? Where did you find this ? The top bit looks like a longhorn steer - the lower piece looks like a gothic trifoil cathedral device ( window or stone carved ornament ) looking at the pictures again , i see that the wood is just a photo background ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the larger piece may be incomplete , the way the decorative lines are cut off at the bottom, and that end looks a bit uneven as though cut off .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the longhorn pinnor clip and the wood just happened into the photo but the larger piece is what I'm wondering about. Don't have much more info other than it was about 6 inches deep and it rang up in the 80s on my at pro.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Not that I have any good ideas regardless of size, but can you tell us what size it is? ...I'm guessing the wood is from a mission oak chair, but I can't tell if it's an arm or a back slat, so it doesn't help me figure out the size.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wood is the base of a Victorian era bed but that's not what I need ided. The brass mystery piece is about 4 inches long.

Upvote 0

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be a fancy keyhole cover maybe? That would explain it being attached at only one location so it could pivot.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be a design based on the Trinity. trinity-knot1.png

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread