weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats crocop ! been really hot here to ;)

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Hey Crocop how deep is that silver?That lawn looks like a re-sod and maybe a fill job.

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
LI Tom said:
Hey Crocop how deep is that silver?That lawn looks like a re-sod and maybe a fill job.
Hey Tom, you may be right, one section looks like sod and we were finding Quarters from the 60's and they were like 6" or 7" deep. In other sections that we found the silver, no sod and they were like 4" 5" deep.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looks like a great place. work it as long as you can, I'd be carefull though, if they've run you off before they may not be that nice this next time. Congrats on the silver.

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
piggman1 said:
Looks like a great place. work it as long as you can, I'd be carefull though, if they've run you off before they may not be that nice this next time. Congrats on the silver.
Hey pig, ( LOL, your name is making me laugh out load, sorry dude ) These security guards are new and they don't seem to care.That's why I'm only hunting there only on sundays when no staff are working.

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
only on sundays when no staff are working. good thinking nice

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's the way I'd do it, too. Good luck on future hunts, I'm sure there is a lot there. By the way, I got the name because I used to trap feral hogs for a living for a few years. Hence the name Piggman. :D

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Searching on Sunday is a good plan. Low profiles are sometimes good in this hobby, (that some folks don't seem to understand.) Always good to find a silver producing place. It looks good....

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Thanks all,

Hey pig, what's your first name so I can stop calling you pig.
CC

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Thank you for the kind words
If I only had a nice digital camera

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread