Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start with the weather first. Although the temperature did reach 83 degrees yesterday, there was virtually no humidity and a nice breeze. I know I have some work to do around the house but the temptation to get back to what has become my favorite park was just too great. Overwhelmed by the need to get in a hunt, I loaded the DEUS onto the bike and headed out.
I hit a hill that I have been working and after about two hours, the only thing I had to show was for my efforts was an old Scoville Eagle w/Anchor Button, a few Wheat Pennies and some clad.
This went on for another four hours until I finally hit an area of the park that apparently has been overlooked by other hunters or just not hit too hard. I stayed on this spot for the final 2 hours of the hunt.
It really made a difference. At the end of this 8 hour hunt, I came away with 2 Indian Head Pennies, (1882 & 1903), a Sterling
St. Christopher / Military Medallion, and a few other interesting items. One is a tree tag that is marked D.P. NYC 5932. D.P. stands for Department of Parks which was the name used prior to the reorganization of The NYC Department of Parks and Recreation which I think took place in the 1960's. I recovered a cool lighter that looks like a military gas can, an old 2 compartment pill box, along with 3 junk rings. I can't think of a better way to spend 8 hours.

IMG_7011.JPG IMG_7000.JPG IMG_7003.JPG

IMG_7002.JPG IMG_7007.JPG IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7004.JPG IMG_7009.JPG IMG_7006.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG IMG_7010.JPG IMG_7001.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah, great weather, great hunting! I know what it's all about to have work to do around the house but the detecting bug bites you and you have to get out

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the lighter, low humidity and a light wind is mighty nice digging for sure. sounds and looks like you made the time worth it too. hard not to enjoy a hunt like that.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ATW. Very nice assortment of digs. Nice...all great finds but I really like the silver St C. medal.

Eight hours of diggin' musta' been a double combined $#!+ load of holes dug. As I like to say..."If ya haven't found anything ya just haven't dug enough holes yet".

Good Luck. C9

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great hill. I can picture people sledding. Log rolling over themselves. Jumping and playing. Coins and jewelry spilling out everywhere:) Its great people have fun so we can have fun later! I like the USA/ St. Christopher piece. Time well spent, long ago and now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread