Quick 20 minutes in new 1845 home - silver first 5 minutes.

SpecialFarces

May 7, 2007
Upstate New York - USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE

Attachments

• hp_scands_78120445514.gif
    hp_scands_78120445514.gif
    93.2 KB · Views: 734
Upvote 0

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I can make out "Utica Times" (or close) on the top center item. The Generalissimo Hidalgo coin, is that silver too?

You should have some fun at this site. Good hunting!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Great finds. What is the Utica thing? I see you are near Rome. Nice Merc. You are lucky to find an old place to hunt...good luck.

OP
OP
SpecialFarces

SpecialFarces

May 7, 2007
Upstate New York - USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Prober said:
Great finds. What is the Utica thing? I see you are near Rome. Nice Merc. You are lucky to find an old place to hunt...good luck.

The "U" item is a trolley token from the old traction system. My neighborhood has houses dating back to the colonial era. I got one neighbor to let me hunt, fixed any damage to the lawn, then asked next neighbor permission using the first as a reference. Lots of opportunities when you do this - fix the holes and make nice with everyone you meet.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
The "U" item is a trolley token from the old traction system. My neighborhood has houses dating back to the colonial era. I got one neighbor to let me hunt, fixed any damage to the lawn, then asked next neighbor permission using the first as a reference. Lots of opportunities when you do this - fix the holes and make nice with everyone you meet.

Good policy. I found a silver coin here that was worth maybe $50.00. The owners had already been nice and recruited a couple of neighbors to the cause. When the guy wouldn't take my 50% buyout (I show owners everything I find, that's the only way I operate), I came back and ambushed them with 20 bucks' worth of Papa Romano's pizza gift certs. I'll do the same for the owners where I recently found 2 other 1800's coins. This isn't a big village, and I want a good reputation in it.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice assortment you have going there. Can't wait to watch it grow.

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, and nice operating policy...you are a good neighbor and a credit to your hobby.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Sweet finds! And thanks for being a class act!
WTG!
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread