first post...but have been hunting 6 months

J

joe bob

got back into t'hunting for the first time since 1978/ bought a whites mxt...wow what an advancement in tecnology!....found alot of clad...a few wheats..but today i dug a 1942d walking half...at only 4 inches in a cotton feild where there use to be a house. xf condition..made for a great day...still hope to find more silver ,but not to many places around here...near houston..

Upvote 0
M

mattjd

Good stuff!?There is somewhere to TH in every place in the world. If houston has some history in it, the coins will be there too! Matt

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe Bob, Glad to have back on board! How close are you Houston? I am located just North of Beaumont.

Hambone

R

rvbvetter

Great find! Welcome back. You look familiar. Don't i know you? Oh well, as long as your a Die Hard detector guy. HH

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congratulations on your neat find! You are from my old stomping grounds.. almost. :D I use to live in Texas City.. still have family in the area! There use to be a military camp in Texas City by the way.. first airforce base..if I'm not mistaken! You might want to check it out.. down by the Texas City Dike. Lots of good places to detect in the greater Houston/Galveston area! Happy Hunting! And be sure to post pics of your finds!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Houston has a lot of history, there will be many more finds, just keep looking! Congrats on the half. :o

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Welcome back and to the forum,My vist to the forum each day makes me wont to run to the feilds and dig.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread