Some more old stuff, Need ID on some of it.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds include another old pocket watch, and several pieces to pocket watches, including one piece that says it was patented in April 17, 1888. A couple more clay marbles, a jack, two rusty date nails from 1916 and 1923, some glass and pearl shell buttons, an old Levi work button, a blue bead, and what I believe is an old straight razor, although most of the blade had been rusted away. There is also what I think is a little round handle thing for a lamp, I dont know what they're called. There are also two little lead pieces that have the initials "S.P.Co." for Southern Pacific RR on them. I think they must be lead seals of some sort, but I dont know. I had to stop early before I could check out some new areas because of a rainstorm, which came out of the mountains and started dumping all over me. It felt great, considering the high humidity we've been having lately, but eventually it got to be a little much, so I left. And this guy was sitting atop my wall when I pulled into my driveway, he was about 10-12 inches long, including his tail. A big one.

DSC03654.jpg DSC03658.jpg DSC03659.jpg DSC03652.jpg

Upvote 8

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Ansonia Clock Company was one of the major 19th century American clock manufacturers. It produced millions of clocks in the period between 1850, its year of incorporation, and 1929, the year the company went into receivership and sold its remaining assets to Soviet Russia.
Source:
Antique Ansonia Clocks - Company History
Don......

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the history lesson there. I had actually seen the one piece with the patent date before, but didnt pick it up because I didnt think it was much. Then I came home and saw another Tnet user had posted a photo of his watch, with a 1907 patent date clearly visible on the plate thing, so I went back. And sure enough, an 1888 date. I always like finding the stuff with an old date on it, even if it is just a piece of a watch.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Old Pueblo. Yup always nice to find old writing things. Thanks for the post and Good Luck out there. C(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread