Relics From the Neighbor's Yard.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Not finding much for old coins at my newest permission. I did manage a few old relics today after we got about 2.5 inches of rain last night. The most interesting find to me is the silver plated gas lamp piece. At least that's what I think it is. Let me know if you know what it is. The line is hollow and I can only imaging was used to run gas through it. Hmmm? The next coolest thing I think is the old button with the Locomotive Steam Engine and Coal Wagon. Sorry it's not very well detailed and I had a hard time trying to get a good picture. Let me know if you've seen one before or have any information on it please. I found two small "snuff" tins which both need cleaned and prepped for "surgery" as they must each hold a gold coin in them.:headbang: I like the old iron horse tack ring thingy. At least that's my guess to what it is. Dug the old enameled cup about six inches or so. Got the spoon probably from the same person that lost their cup. And for the kid in us all the Radio Flyer HEMI Powered Wagon. Yeah, humid as heck and I sweat my butt off. Gotta' get after it when rain soaks the ground. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

017.jpg 001.jpg 015.jpg 012.jpg 014.jpg 011.jpg 013.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great stuff, I wish I knew what them round things are, that large Iron ring looks like something I found today at a old school but it was at the base of a tree and the roots grew through so I couldn't retrieve it. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, I wish I knew what them round things are, that large Iron ring looks like something I found today at a old school but it was at the base of a tree and the roots grew through so I couldn't retrieve it. Thanks for sharing

Sorry you couldn't retrieve your ring. Damn those roots!:BangHead: I finds lots of plain iron rings of various sizes but, not many with the "slot" like this one has. I am just guessing it's something that had leather straps or ropes running through it.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, you never know what you're going to dig up! Bet there's plenty more there along with some nice coins!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your one silver plated item looks it's off a menorah/or multi candle holder.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the cool old relics, I see them as quality built in their day, everything we are leaving in the ground today is disposable crap

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Kurios1. I recently found what I believe is the same button. I was able to locate info online and on TNet. This is one of the post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/119353-train-button.html
It is from the early 1900s. Keep Swinging!!

Howdy Folks. Not finding much for old coins at my newest permission. I did manage a few old relics today after we got about 2.5 inches of rain last night. The most interesting find to me is the silver plated gas lamp piece. At least that's what I think it is. Let me know if you know what it is. The line is hollow and I can only imaging was used to run gas through it. Hmmm? The next coolest thing I think is the old button with the Locomotive Steam Engine and Coal Wagon. Sorry it's not very well detailed and I had a hard time trying to get a good picture. Let me know if you've seen one before or have any information on it please. I found two small "snuff" tins which both need cleaned and prepped for "surgery" as they must each hold a gold coin in them.:headbang: I like the old iron horse tack ring thingy. At least that's my guess to what it is. Dug the old enameled cup about six inches or so. Got the spoon probably from the same person that lost their cup. And for the kid in us all the Radio Flyer HEMI Powered Wagon. Yeah, humid as heck and I sweat my butt off. Gotta' get after it when rain soaks the ground. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1]

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find my friend. Looks like Jeff of Pa and I found identical buttons. Nice. Appears fascination with trains has been going on for a long time. Thanks for digging up the link.:icon_salut:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs, I like the coffee cup

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the fine relics! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread