IMG_0156.JPG
    481.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 35

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Really nice MD find. It's a very pretty coin. Good luck when you get to get back there. I hope you find more IHC like this one and older coins too.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice even patina on that one!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is in good shape! Wish that my pennies would come outta the ground in that condition. Very nice find.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet old Indian with nice even deep jade green patina and a FULL LIBERTY! Awesome specimen of my favorite coin design. Love it.:headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet IH ! I can still recall some of my favourite coppers that have come looking like yours, and one being an IH I dug in a park along a bank. I could go to the place today being a decade after digging it and walk right up to the spot-now talk about renting space in the head. Lol
Congrats they don't come out looking any better than that, it's a beauty.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow beautiful looking coin and a semi key date .I dug a 1900 Indian mine was bent and ugly you know loaded with character.want to trade.

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice MD find. It's a very pretty coin. Good luck when you get to get back there. I hope you find more IHC like this one and older coins too.

Thanks Wagbert, I thought so as well you can't really tell from the photo but it has nice emerald green patina. Thanks for Looking

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet old Indian with nice even deep jade green patina and a FULL LIBERTY! Awesome specimen of my favorite coin design. Love it.:headbang:

Yeah this is only the second Indian I have found, the first one was pretty corroded. The soil plays a huge role in preserving certain items I believe. I was stoked at the condition:occasion14: Thanks for posting Kurios1

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure is in good shape! Wish that my pennies would come outta the ground in that condition. Very nice find.

Thanks Sandchip, I rinsed the coin under some water but other than that spectacular condition I thought. And trust me when I say all of my coins don't come up in that shape, especially here in Oregon! It's hit or miss! Thanks for the post

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet IH ! I can still recall some of my favourite coppers that have come looking like yours, and one being an IH I dug in a park along a bank. I could go to the place today being a decade after digging it and walk right up to the spot-now talk about renting space in the head. Lol
Congrats they don't come out looking any better than that, it's a beauty.

lol agreed! I was so happy I did a dance! Just hope nobody seen me, people already look at us coil swingers sideways!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice IH, most of my wheaties, etc look like they have been in something terrible instead of dirt

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice IH, most of my wheaties, etc look like they have been in something terrible instead of dirt

Yeah Dirtlooter I definitely believe it is the soil in the particular area of hunting locations that predict the outcome of objects Dug. Where I found this was pretty rocky soil. But again the other Indian I found was an inch or two down in gravel and pretty corroded... i'm sure it has something to do with the soil and environment though. Obviously the type of alloy as well. Thanks for the post

Last edited:

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the old school still stand? Id love to know where it is. 1850s is a long way back.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice coin find, congratulations! :occasion14:

The soil around here are not kind to copper coins! :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread