๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POCKET FULL of GOLD at the Beach

Hello All,

As some of you know, I bought a PI detector four years ago specifically for my wife and my beach vacations each year. Have dug lots of junk rings and a couple silver ones since then, but nothing gold. Well I set out yet again to try and find my first ever water-recovered gold ring (had dug many on land over the last 25 years, but none in the water). Went out three evenings to dig.

On the first evening I got into a place where all the sunglasses had washed to from the wave action. Dug a total of 8 pairs of glasses. About an hour in, I hit a silver ladies band, followed by a junk kids ring, then two hours in I hit a Harley Davidson ring :D Finally I dug a big fat class ring (which I will return to the owner this week). Was lost by a junior--class of 2018--so I'm sure they just bought the ring and were very sad to lose it.

On day 2 I went out again and hit the usual pile of clad. Got in a nice spot in the elbow of the beach and saw a glimmer in the bottom of the scoop! It was a gold mens band--my first ever water-recovered gold!! Ring is not marked but is very yellow (more yellow than 14K) so I think it may have been made overseas. Will gold test later on to see... After that I dug a second Harley Davidson ring, a small silver ring with a stone, and a silver toe ring. Circling back to the "sunglasses spot," I dug a large stainless steel serving spoon and a nice sterling silver cross. Searched for the chain to the cross for a while but had no luck...

On day 3 I cooked steak for the wife and got out rather late to the beach. Strapping on the headlamp I worked for about 2 hours with only 10 or so coins to show for it, plus half of a pair of sunglasses. Then I got a huge signal. Digging carefully and thinking "cell phone," I was completely surprised to see a watch in the scoop--and it was still running, keeping perfect time! Continuing on, it was another long dry spell, then I got a nice hit and said "sparkle for me" as I raised the scoop up. Was shocked to see a mens gold band! While I was recovering the ring, I'd set my coil down to one side and had gotten another hit literally a foot away from the ring, so I dug it next. Almost passed out when it was a SECOND gold men's band of a different size from the first!! Wondering if I'd hit a pocket of gold, I took two more swings and got a THIRD hit. At this point, a kid came up to me and asked what I was finding. I reached into my pouch and gave him one of the coins I'd dug and he went running off to show his parents. I pulled the scoop up and kept saying "come on, come on." In the second scoop of sand I saw a glimmer of gold and gems! It was a ladies ring with four small diamonds and an amethyst(?) marked 14K!! I beat that area to death, digging 3 lead fishing sinkers. Then turned up the beach to follow a cut I'd seen earlier. Dead in the bottom of the cut, I got a signal and dug a scoop out of the waist deep water. Lo and behold it was Gold Ring #4 for the night! A ladies ring with strange designs marked 10K.

After that find, I cut my detector off, checked my pouch in disbelief and felt FOUR gold rings in there. I headed back home, poured a glass of whiskey, and looked at my finds! Can't wait until next year's beach vacation.

Cheers,

Buck

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1129.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 78

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the fantastic gold finds! What a haul, guess that spot has a bit of reserve for future checks back, just in case!:icon_thumright:

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got into a pocket! I once got two gold rings out of the same hole in a park and was thrilled like you. I don't know how you are going to be able to wait a full year to head back! Thanks for posting..

strick

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Buford T. Justice had a family reunion on that beach, based on that pile of sunglasses... Congrats on a sweet pile-O'-gold, BB! Sub 8-)
buford t. justice.jpg

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what you would call a very awesome beach hunting experience. I have Beach hunted a lot in the day but never getting close to a haul like that. Congrats !!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest: