Layers of History in Yorktown, VA 1694 Baby!!!!

RebelYeller

May 6, 2014
Toano, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,
Tesoro Tejon,
White's VX3,
White's TRX,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
XP Deus, XP Deus 2, XP MI-6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got back from an absolutely AMAZING hunt with my Dad and I am SHOCKED!!:metaldetector:

We have a local permission in Yorktown, VA, yes that Yorktown!! There is a church there that was used there since well before the Civil war, and is still used today. In the past we have found miniballs, buttons and even a SNY Belt Plate. Today I was using a new program for my XP Deus, and decided to try out a trashy area that we have purposely avoided in the past. I am so Glad we did! I started off finding a few miniballs, so I decided to stick to a 50' x 50' area around those. 10 minutes later I got a really high tone on the Deus right next to a small tree. I dug it and 10-11 inches later, out pops a coin. What I saw almost stopped my heart, not one bust looking right, but two! A 1694 William and Mary Half Penny!!! I literally fell over with excitment and immediately called Parsonwalker, and Mudduck to confirm what I had found!!

WandM.jpg WandM2.jpg

On the way out I found this, about 10 inches down. I am hoping one of you guys or gals will be able to identify it for me. I originally thought it was a rifle but plate, but Parsonwalker disagrees. Anyone know???

unknown.jpg unknown2.jpg

I also found a load of Flat buttons, a few more miniballs, a random 1945 war nickle, and a harmonica reed.

everything2.jpg

Overall, the Best detecting day I've had in a long time, and I was blessed to have this amazing day with my Dad!

Thanks for reading!

Rebel

Upvote 59

jalgier

Jan 30, 2017
GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ll, XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!

Top Member Reactions