What is your wierdest find!! IF YOUR SUEEMISH DONT CLICK THIS POST. MY GOLD FIND

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170813_124854.jpg 20170813_124849.jpg I found these looked like a set of lower teeth there were two on each side in the back I did some field work and with a rock smashed the plastic teeth away so just the gold was left. lol well I hope gold was left I didn't want to totally creep out my gold jeweler guy. I still think it might have even though he says he does buy Dentist gold. I'm hoping its gold I dont think he would have sent them away for essay if they weren't LOL Ill know by the end of the week. I guess these can have gold and other precious metals mixed in we will see. My creepiest find still is the time I had a silver dollar/half dollar signal and dug it up it was coming from an old bag I opened the bag hoping for a cache of coinage only to find a cat skeleton and it was the collar tag that was making the signal eeehhhhh!!!!! I put Morris back

Upvote 21

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tommy, gold is gold and you have to take a shot, especially if you don't believe that anyone is going to be looking for them so run with it!:icon_thumright:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I once found 1940's chicken band with leg bone in it. I have a stream in my yard, and a little with plastic container came down the stream and got stuck in an area full of stick and grass right on the edge of my land, with a label saying, "Morry: 2012-2017", and a humorous message written on the label honoring their pet fish. I tried to push it past it with a stick, but it got stuck again five feet away. The stream now is dry in the branch of it that the box is in (the stream splits at a small "pond"), in the woods right on the edge of the land, it will probably continue on down stream in the spring, when the stream starts flowing, fast, again.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a plastic skull at the base of a hollow tree. Does that count?

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That I don't know. We were honest, because we wanted a good reputation and we had one until the end when my partner was getting greedy. So, if he's been around a while he may be honest. I'm no expert, but 6k to 8k sounds low to me for dental gold. My wife told me she does remember gold bridges and partials.

You can always have it tested by someone else to make sure. There was a site online that listed all the dental gold and platinum. Of course I can't find it at the moment.

Here's one..that explains some...What Karat is Dental Gold | Gold and Precious Metals

I was in Ohio, I thought there was a refiner in Michigan. I kind of remember guys sending their stuff there. I'll see if I can find it on the net.

Found it, I've never sent here, but I knew people that did. They are just as fair as anyone else on single pieces. Where it really counts is you had ozt's of it. But for a single piece they will be within a Few bucks or they wouldn't stay in business very long. That's all these other guys do, they collect it, take their cut, then send to a place like this.

Precious metals buyers, smelters, refiners of gold, platinum, silver scrap metals, dental gold scrap, platinum thermocouple wire, crucibles, silver scrap. Gold refiners, platinum scrap buyers, recyclers karat gold jewelry. Sell gold, platinum and sil
Sweet thanks that will be very useful

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tommy, gold is gold and you have to take a shot, especially if you don't believe that anyone is going to be looking for them so run with it!:icon_thumright:
I agree they were old also !!!I would rather have found a ring!!!!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some Voodoo? This was found by a volunteer last month during a river cleanup in Southwest Georgia. Each knife was wrapped with a note and tied up and placed in the jug.(Read the note if you can - too weird for me to explain) The jug appears to have filled with Texas Pete hot sauce and thrown into the waterway.

Attachments

• Flint River 2017 (4).JPG
    Flint River 2017 (4).JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Flint River 2017 (3).JPG
    Flint River 2017 (3).JPG
    166 KB · Views: 92
  • Flint River 2017 (2).JPG
    Flint River 2017 (2).JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Flint River 2017 (1).JPG
    Flint River 2017 (1).JPG