A Couple Silvers to End the Weekend

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey guys,

Had a little time to get out this evening. I've been trying to get permission from the owner of a house a couple blocks down who is doing a total rebuild to detect his yard but haven't been able to get in touch. I ended up doing the sidewalk strip out front of the house this evening, hopefully I'll get in touch soon to do the yard.

All in all, I spent a couple hours there total. Within 10 minutes I had a little sterling ring so I knew it would be a good evening. 10 minutes later I found the Mercury dime. I kept at it for a while and popped out 4 wheats, a WA state tax token, and a 1940s-era Seattle Transit token. It is tiny!

Here are my totals on the day:
-1 Mercury Dime (1936-S)
-1 Sterling Silver Ring
-4 Wheat Pennies (26-S, 45, 52-S, 56-D)
-1 Seattle Transit Token
-1 WA state tax token
-18 Memorial Cents
-2 Nickels
-1 Dime
-2 Quarters

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502683240.207545.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502683254.009893.jpg

All in all, a super outing and nice end to the weekend. I got an absolutely perfect 88-signal (silver quarter) 2.5" down under a huge tree root. I spent close to 15 minutes trying to get it but couldn't get through or around the root. I might go back with a little saw to cut through it. Any advice on this?

Thanks everyone! Have a great start to your week.

-Washingtonian

Last edited:
Upvote 17
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread