I got all this for 21 cents!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went over to a permission farm this morning with high hopes for a banner day. I found a field that I hadn't hunted yet. My first 3 finds were 2 dimes and a penny. (all clad, oh well). Then it turned into a very busy hunt. From shotgun shell casings to old nails, old screws, a garden hose part, a part of a bolt, cans, pull tabs, junk, and what looks like a broken plow point. Not sure. The best part of the hunt was the soil. It was super soft. It made it so easy to dig every beep, no matter what the signal. I simply went for it on every one. (obviously!) And I only hit about 20% of the field today. Lots still to go!

Nothing in the box to brag about, but it was a good day!

View attachment 1483152 View attachment 1483152 IMG_0839.JPG

Upvote 16

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those farm hunts! It's definitely a crap shoot with plow points and barbed wire, but there can be real prizes out there as well. Congrats on your site and finds!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep at it, all the dirt in CT is old. Far left, under the big can and. Ext to the nail: is that a flat button sans the shank?

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep at it, all the dirt in CT is old. Far left, under the big can and. Ext to the nail: is that a flat button sans the shank?

I thought that it was a button when it came out of the ground. I was all excited until I could make out part of the word Remington and the primer seat clearly on the flip side.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep at it, there is bound to be goodies lurking around the trash! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks like an awesome hunt to me, yes you dug some less than desirable things but I don't see a million pull tabs mainly relics. I'm quite sure that you will be posting better finds soon enough, especially in that softer dirt. when the digging is more enjoyable, the easier it is to dig those iffy signals that most likely will produce your awesome finds. I will say good luck but I don't figure you will need any luck there.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain. We need a pull tab smiley. :laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hunting old farm homes and fields. You just never know what will show up next. Everything from coins to tokens and relics. Congrats on your 21 cents !

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love hunting old farm homes and fields. You just never know what will show up next. Everything from coins to tokens and relics. Congrats on your 21 cents !

Thanks! I have a very good feeling about this place. To be continued....

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what type of weapon that cartridge clip is out of?

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder what type of weapon that cartridge clip is out of?

Hmmm...I had no idea what it was when it came out of the ground. After reading your post, I was curious and pulled it out and gave it a rinse. There are no markings on it at all. But it definitely could be part of a cartridge clip. Good eye! I'll do some research on this piece. Thanks!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You keep digging crap like that and you'll be getting Spanish silver and colonial buttons and coins pretty soon.:headbang:

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that it was a button when it came out of the ground. I was all excited until I could make out part of the word Remington and the primer seat clearly on the flip side.

A 12th Ga. button ..those guys must have been all over the place. :laughing7:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am alway fascinated by the different textures and smell of the varied soils....soft, wet, brown, rooted, clay, sandy, compact, rocky, etc....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread