Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I mailed a pinpointer to Garrett for repairs. While at the counter, the postal employee noticed it was going to Garrett metal detectors and told me that her husband Dave,, has been detecting for 40 plus years. He is also a "Whites Dealer." She gave me his cell phone # and took mine. Within 30 minutes I got a call. Dave invited me to the Wednesday morning breakfast gathering.
This morning I met Dave and 4 other retirees. Very interesting conversation and lots of good information.
Headed home afterward and picked up my DEUS. I was told that the Town Square has been hit hundreds of times but still gives up some old coins. I headed for the Square to try my luck.
Sure enough,, less than an hour into the hunt, I recovered a 1910 Lincoln and then a 1903 V nickel. After about 2 more hours of a little clad here and there, I recovered a second V nickel. It's a little toasted but I think it is a 1911.
It just goes to show you,, No place is ever "Hunted Out"

Attachments

• 20170816_225006.jpg
    20170816_225006.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 25

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man O' man. You have to love it when you don't even plan out your next hunt. A pleasant new neighbor sets a path out before you. That's too cool man. Great score on those old V's in the hammered old Town Square. I have noticed often the silver pickers don't like nickels so these hammered spots tend to give up old nickels. Good for blue collar diggers like me. Glad you are getting familiar with your new territory. Seek & DESTROY!:headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done on the coinage from the hard hit spot. Looks like you're settling in well in the new location.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ATW. V Nickels are nice coins. Good thing you went to the Post Office and made some new friends.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job ATW. Anyplace that has been hammered will sometimes give up old nickels and old pennies as the cherry pickers only look for the great signals.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always sweet to find old nickels. And it's nice meeting fellow detectorists in the local area.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finds are great, but sounds like your best finds are those guys you met! 40 years of detecting in your area is going to make for a great resource for you! Congrats on the new finds and new friends! :occasion14:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one with your machines, nice work brother!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome post, congrats on the old coins. you may have some new friends now with even more potential for you

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the old coins! :occasion14:

No place is ever hunted out! Today, I went to a park in RI that everyone said "your wasting your time...we've pounded this place". After 1 1/2 hours I had a nice Barber dime and two wheat Cents, plus clad and trash.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats . Treasurer is great!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread