Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug so much clad my back hurt, but I did get a splash of 18k. Then I went to the old church and found a buckle. Good day. IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0837.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 27

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John85

Oct 16, 2015
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold finds. Pay Day!

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Turbo I tested it and it held up 18k and it even held up 22k with a small amount of smoke at first. It's very flexible and soft too but the diamond looks fake to me but I'm no jeweler. I can tell you it wiped clean out of the wet mud, but it isn't stamped. Are those gold testing kit reliable?

Yes they are reliable. But a lot of times plated gold will pass for 18k. If you file a small part of the item you can test it again. They key is to file through the plating if it is plated. Fingers crossed that it's real gold.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they are reliable. But a lot of times plated gold will pass for 18k. If you file a small part of the item you can test it again. They key is to file through the plating if it is plated. Fingers crossed that it's real gold.

I'll do that Turbo and update it

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that horseshoe buckle is killer! I'm curious if a magnet would stick to it. If it doesn't stick I would think it was 1920's or earlier...I don't see any rust, just a guess...
Great find and dats the truuuf.....truuuf.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, that horseshoe buckle is killer! I'm curious if a magnet would stick to it. If it doesn't stick I would think it was 1920's or earlier...I don't see any rust, just a guess...
Great find and dats the truuuf.....truuuf.

Hey highnam it doesn't stick. I really didn't think anything was special about the buckle and with all the comments (that I truly appreciate) I'm ready to put it in a case of its own. Now I really love it.
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I rubbed the heck out of it and this is 18k solution after 2 mins. I looked where I rubbed with my eye lens and it looks solid through although it is very thin. It's very flexible without breaking if that means anything. What do you think? IMG_0843.JPG

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rubbed the heck out of it and this is 18k solution after 2 mins. I looked where I rubbed with my eye lens and it looks solid through although it is very thin. It's very flexible without breaking if that means anything. What do you think? View attachment 1484857

Looks like gold to me!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread