1650s IHS Jesuit Trade ring

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I made my best find yet!! I'm still new to metal detecting. Just started this summer and am totally hooked. Dug a semi sketchy signal mid 50s yesterday after finding tons of scrap copper reading in the same area. Pulled this out and was praying it wasn't more garbage. When I saw the front I nearly had a heart attack. So here it is! My IHS Jesuit fur trade ring from the 1650s. Dug it in a field that had long houses and captured christians during the 1650s. I still can't believe it!! Hope you all enjoy.

-Brandon

IMG_3066.JPG IMG_3065.JPG IMG_3063.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 58

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am voting banner as well. That is such a cool ring!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree with Terry. Due to the age and type of ring, I'm voting banner. Quite a historic ring.

WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome.....I have found two this year but never one with the nice green patina you got. There are so many variations of rings it's crazy. Keep looking because guaranteed there are more. Of the ones I've found there were 3 double headers...so they seem to be found together.

IMG_3099.JPG

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome.....I have found two this year but never one with the nice green patina you got. There are so many variations of rings it's crazy. Keep looking because guaranteed there are more. Of the ones I've found there were 3 double headers...so they seem to be found together.

View attachment 1485564

WOW!! Gorgeous collection man. I can only hope to be half as lucky as you haha there might be more I hope! Unfortunately it has been excavated by archeologist and has had 1 detectorist on it previously. He found one as well. Obviously they missed some stuff so I'll cross my fingers!! Thanks for sharing that awesome pic! [emoji1303][emoji1303]

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My jaw dropped when I saw this. This ring is exquisite and is the type of find that hunters hope to find just once in years or even decades. Truly phenomenal. Congratulations on an amazing historic find!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If archeologists have been digging there, do not flash this around. They may want to confiscate it!

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If archeologists have been digging there, do not flash this around. They may want to confiscate it!

They dug there 15-20 years ago. It's also on my friends private property. They said they never found much. Not bad advice though!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Perfect! What could one not love about the ring it has it all. Congrats on the great keeper and something that myself and many others have on the list of wants. ENJOY!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My jaw dropped when I saw this. This ring is exquisite and is the type of find that hunters hope to find just once in years or even decades. Truly phenomenal. Congratulations on an amazing historic find!

Did you see the others on page 3?

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find one of my favorites on here for 2017! And one that I will always remember! Congratulations and welcome to the hobby and these forums. I can't see the banner on the phone app but hopefully you have made the banner with this! Just mind blowing!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH MAN, SUPER FIND! Bet that got your heart pumping!!!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Congratulations, makes me want to get out and swing the coil:icon_thumleft:

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's freak'n incredible! What a remarkable find. It would certainly hold a place of honor in my trophy case. Congratulations, and welcome to T- Net.

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! I know the Jesuit were hanging out with them Eriez indians that lived here where Im at...wonder if theres any of these trade rings around my area.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread