Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on my usual Sunday morning outing to a park that has just been absolutely pounded over the last 30 years. I still managed to pull out a 1957 silver Roosevelt along with 20 clad coins. The real adventure for the day came, when I got home and a few hours later our family friend arrived with her Great Nephew. It seems she has been telling him about my treasure hunting, and he has taken an interest. His name is Jake and he is 12 years old. I first showed him my display cases of items, and then it was off to the back yard for some practice hunting. I had buried some of the coins I found earlier, + a few pieces of the garbage to give him a realistic idea of the hobby. Don't want him thinking its always gonna be coins when he goes down to dig. After an hour of real digging, it was time for some pizza. This young man would like to be a professional treasure hunter when he grows up. Who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be another Mel Fisher ! Hope he remembers me !!

Attachments

• image1 (11).jpg
    image1 (11).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image1 (12).jpg
    image1 (12).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 13

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great of you. It does take a special kind of person to enjoy this hobby. May people believe they are going to start finding silver and gold right away ,some don't understand how we can go out for the day and come home with pop tops and a few dollars in clad and that might happen 10 times or more in a row. The thrill of it is great I think finding stuff once in a while makes that find that much more sweet. Mel Fisher stole my Dream He did lose a Brother in Law and a sister I think to finding all those Galleons I cant even imagine finding all that gold bars stacked like fire wood and all the silver and coins and yes Diamonds !!!!!!!! Good job my Friend!!!!!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trezurehunter, thanks for taking the time to mentor a young'un by showing him the proper methods of our great hobby...it takes a special kind of person to get out of theirselves and spend their time with someone else...kudos. Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions