kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

Went to the spot I've been hunting lately which is a part of town with about a dozen city blocks leveled. Didn't find much but my first signal of the day was my one and only wheatie, a 1946 which brings my YTD count to 69. Found maybe 50 cents in clad but the real find of the day was my last signal near an old driveway, steady 11-46 but very long signal, kept going forever and I soon found out why, it was about 30 feet of 1 inch copper pipe buried only an inch down. Well, I stopped by the scrap yard today and had some other small copper bits and wires from detecting and the odd piece of lead and several brass sprinkler heads and various pieces. I got just under $35 for it all, the copper was right at 10lbs at $2.50 a lb, so a very good score!

Upvote 11

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it adds up, pretty cool

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes SIR!
Between Clad & Scrap Pipe , Brass Fittings , S pickets , Bullet casing 's ,I get paid.

My OCD makes me collect most aluminum , Zinc , Pewter as well .

I have not turned in my Pipe & Wire in almost 3 years but prices are going back up it seems so 'Time to take a load'.

" Metal is Money".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread