Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Triple gold with ICE

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    total home run on the gold rings! wow, and on top of that, a pretty big hit with the fishermen who benefited from those lead weights. If I had found just one of those beautiful rings, you wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    coppersmith

Oct 2013
    brunswick md
    WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
    3335 times
    Relic Hunting
    MAN NICE FINDS

us
    May 2012
    Virginia
    MXT, AT Pro
    170 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Thank you all. The beach, the fields, the parks and the gold panning has been good this year. I have (I think) two more permissions, they just started taking the corn out yesterday. Have to get there and make sure it's ok. Going to rain somewhat over the next few days, and have to watch the tropics to see if anything blows this way, but it has been probably my best year ever. The rings have quite a few scratches, etc on them but I have a Dremel tool and some jewelers' rouge, so could polish them, if I ever get the time. I only have have two mens' gold bands, the standard plain kind, one from 2015 and one from 2016, none this year. Funny, I haven never found any of the tungsten rings, but I think the guys are losing them in the water. I think I'm getting these ladies' rings because I'm hunting dry towel line, where the ladies are more likely to put their stuff in the sand under the blankets and then lose them. The middle one is large enough to be a mans' ring though. Just a theory. I don't go in the water, too creakedy. Can't stand up for long on the land, let alone in the water. I'd have to wear a life vest and there are so many fish hooks out there, it's plain not funny.
    Nice trifecta there!! Congrats!!

And yes they are losing their tungsten rings, have dug quite a few this year.

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    5075 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    I kind of want a tungsten ring. Don't know why. I don't think I've gone out once this year and truly got skunked, even if I only got 50 cents in change. There a lot of mid 19th century places here I'm going to try to get permission to dig. Who knows? One day I went to a field and found a monogramed 19th butter knife, and if memory serves, nothing else. One day got a Rosie, nothing else, other days $5 in clad, a couple gold rings and pounds of sinkers. Also did get several nice pieces of sea glass. I still have to make time to make jewelry out of them. Maybe next year

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    6472 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congratualtions on the beautiful rings!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    6878 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Very nice set of rings. I would be proud of them any day

I have between 10 and 20 tungsten. Say the word and I will trade all for these three rings. That is over 2 of my finds to one of yours. A fantastic deal if I may say so!
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    10903 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awesome2.gif 
Views:	36 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1493787
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    5075 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Casper2, that smiley face is beyond cute! I think my luck is not luck. It's hours and hours and hours of pounding the ground with a decent machine although a $99 machine would have found these. Thanks all.
    UnderMiner likes this.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4234 times
    Old Gold, New Gold, Any Gold
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Love the Claddagh ring with the stone, rare to see one with a stone. Do you have a picture of the Hallmark, that would help date it..

something like this..

Name:  OBN0448.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  26.7 KB
    UnderMiner likes this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where to make an effort can make all the difference!

2017 .. Gold Rings 116...........Silvers 145

us
    The Urban Pirate

Jul 2014
    New York City
    Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250, Mark II, Pro-pointer
    4206 times
    Yar! There be treasure everywhere!
    Banner Finds (2)
    Holy Guacamole! Fantastic!
    White Wolf likes this.
    Let history be your treasure map .

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    5075 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    I don't have a pic of the hallmark yet. It has "9 KT", and what looks a lady sitting with staff raised (Hibernia?), (or it's an open mouthed leopard), thing is small, then what looks like a horizontal "9", and the number "375", finally three block initials "DPL". The whole ring is "off". By that I mean, it looks cast, and hand finished and unlike modern jewelry it is just plain rough under magnification. Case in point, the crown, looking at the picture dead on, well, the right side of the crown is slightly higher than the left. All the prongs holding the stone are unequal and uneven, and that's how they were made. The stone itself is reasonably well cut, but has been around a lot there is edge wear to the facets. I guess I should get the sand off of it. I used to cut stones and make jewelry for a hobby a lifetime ago, and this would not pass muster. I wouldn't be able to sell it. Too crude, but it's apparently not a craft show item.
    OBN likes this.

us
    Prospector

Jun 2008
    Northern Alabama
    Whites
    1044 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Mighty nice finds your making!

us
    Sep 2016
    NC
    Minelab Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
    138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would consider finding even one of those rings a great year. Congrats!

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    10552 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Excellent,, excellent,, excellent.
    3 rings with ice or what certainly looks like ice, is really a sweet gathering of finds. I haven't gotten diamonds in quite some time.
    Congratulations
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links