Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, it's after midnight, so don't yell at me about today's finds. The beach has been very good to me this year. I have a quart and a cup of change, several gold items, some other jewelry, all kinds of stuff, even assisted a young lady find her cell phone yesterday (she spied it first).

Anyway, The rings on either end were just found. On the left, the Irish Claddagh ring, think that's spelled right, was a surprise. I also had someone help me with the identification. I just "missed" it with the sand scoop and saw the ring with stone face down sticking out of the side of the sand, close to the "ground", well away from the water. It was vertical, that is, edge up. The Deus' new 9" elliptical coil spotted it about 6" down. What a sight! I haven't even cleaned it yet. That design was made in the early 1600's at first, the house sitting at this beach is almost 200 years old. The ring is quite crude by modern standards, you can see a lot of the hand work to it, doesn't look like a modern piece at all, maybe late 19th century or early 20th, I just don't know, and it really is rather irrelevant. It's 9 karat gold and the stone may be Asian white spinel. Not sure. It's not a diamond and the edges are worn somewhat. It's been around in the ground a very long time. Scratched and a little bent, you know it's been on the loose for a good while for 9k to bend.

The ring on the right was acquired at the same time. That one is stamped 14k and the ice is real. Stones are small, but full brilliant cut.

The middle ring is weighty, also with a 14k gold stamp and the ice is real. Those stones are a lot larger than the stones on the ring on the right. I now have three rings with diamond "swirls" and banded like this. Must be a real popular design.

Not big ticket items, but very nice. I Like the light weight Irish ring best! Can't you tell by the descriptions? I keep all my finds. I also got several pounds of sinkers, several parts of fishing reels, toys, pull tabs, etc. I did give quite a few away to the fishermen who were there. IMG_0442.JPG

Upvote 46

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice set of rings. I would be proud of them any day

I have between 10 and 20 tungsten. Say the word and I will trade all for these three rings. That is over 2 of my finds to one of yours. A fantastic deal if I may say so!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper2, that smiley face is beyond cute! I think my luck is not luck. It's hours and hours and hours of pounding the ground with a decent machine although a $99 machine would have found these. Thanks all.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Claddagh ring with the stone, rare to see one with a stone. Do you have a picture of the Hallmark, that would help date it..

something like this..

OBN0448.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a pic of the hallmark yet. It has "9 KT", and what looks a lady sitting with staff raised (Hibernia?), (or it's an open mouthed leopard), thing is small, then what looks like a horizontal "9", and the number "375", finally three block initials "DPL". The whole ring is "off". By that I mean, it looks cast, and hand finished and unlike modern jewelry it is just plain rough under magnification. Case in point, the crown, looking at the picture dead on, well, the right side of the crown is slightly higher than the left. All the prongs holding the stone are unequal and uneven, and that's how they were made. The stone itself is reasonably well cut, but has been around a lot there is edge wear to the facets. I guess I should get the sand off of it. I used to cut stones and make jewelry for a hobby a lifetime ago, and this would not pass muster. I wouldn't be able to sell it. Too crude, but it's apparently not a craft show item.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider finding even one of those rings a great year. Congrats!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent,, excellent,, excellent.
3 rings with ice or what certainly looks like ice, is really a sweet gathering of finds. I haven't gotten diamonds in quite some time.
Congratulations

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Irish ring is probably white spinel, the other two do test out as diamond. I have found several diamond rings in the last two years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread