SLQ Club!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
It was easier than I thought to join. I got a wilver tone. Dug it, and became a member. :D It's very worn, but I must tell you this little coin made me smile! You guys are turning me into a coin shootin' fool!
SLQbaby.jpg
Cheers!

Ridley

Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Welcome to the club, you will be contacted with the secret handshake in the near future. I love that coin, definately one of the top designs in US history.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Ridley, I got a wilver tone tonight, too. Those SLQs are nice ones to dig, dude!

Oh, by the way, send my regards to my other good friend, ModernMiner. :)

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Congratulations!

The SLQ has eluded me thus far, but hopefully not for too much longer.

Great Find

Happy Hunting

Johnny Cache Hunter

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Welcome! Looks pretty worn, probably like most of the early ones around here. Amazing how few of them there are.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Woo Hoo congratulations Ridley. I am currently and have been unable to detect for over half a year now. I would love to return to being able to use my hands and detect.

I have never found a silver quarter of any type much less a SLQ, fantastic find.

Rev

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Postalrevnant said:
Woo Hoo congratulations Ridley. I am currently and have been unable to detect for over half a year now. I would love to return to being able to use my hands and detect.

I have never found a silver quarter of any type much less a SLQ, fantastic find.

Rev
It's good to see you posting. I wondered where you were. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to detect at this time. I'll dedicate the next silver coin I find to you! Hopefully, it will be soon!

Meantime, I hope you recover quickly and can find many of your own.

Ridley

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Dave,
Congratulations! ;D Those coins are sweet to find even if there is no date. Last year my goal was to find one. Was a lot easier than I thought. This year I have found 3. Now I have a new goal.....to find one with a date!

I also see you got your picture at 800 wide. Fits the screen perfect now. :) 8)

You are on a tear. Don't forget to save some for MM. Or you know what he will be calling you! ;) :D

Bob

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go Ridley! I knew it wouldn't be long. Congrats on the Walker.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congratulations, Ridley, on your first SLQ. Date or no date, it is a very special silver quarter. Out of all my silver this year so far, I have only found two. One no date, and the other a '24.

Looks like you found more silver in your pic.....you had a great day!!! Were the silver deep?? Explorer or DFX??

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Captn_SE said:
Congratulations, Ridley, on your first SLQ. Date or no date, it is a very special silver quarter. Out of all my silver this year so far, I have only found two. One no date, and the other a '24.

Looks like you found more silver in your pic.....you had a great day!!! Were the silver deep?? Explorer or DFX??

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
I had to use the EXPII. The DFX won't work right at this location. I tried using 15Mhz, Corralate and 3MHz. Too many power lines! All the silver coins are about 4" to 5" deep. I decided to use all metal in some of the areas that are full of iron and dig a few targets. That's where the bottle and spoons came from.

I'm hoping for a soaking rain. I'll bet this place will come to life with some extra conductivity. The other noteworthy thing is I think someone else has tried to detect this place. If so, they missed a lot.

I say this because there are uncovered holes here and there. Mostly in the back yard, away from the view of the street.

The stuff from this hunt took an hour and a half.

Ridley

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Nice finds i would have defiantly came home with a smile on my face.
Nice standing lib, 25 cent-1916?

RD

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,
Congrats to you on the SLQ. I may not be worthy to be your partner soon. ??? I haven't even joined the Barber Club yet, and you're on to the SLQ Club already. ;D
Now if you want to go over there and rebury it so I can find it again, that would be great.
Can't wait to hunt it with you this w/end.
-MM-

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purdy, Ridley! Welcome to the club! ;D

I've only found one SLQ and Zero Barbers. :P