One Piece at a Time, and it didn't Cost Me a Dime?

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You know the Johnny Cash song. One Piece at a Time. Well he is building a Cadillac. I happen to be building a 1950 Plymouth. Got the hood ornament, Mirror, one bumper gravel guard and a few other pieces that might not go to it as they have no numbers but still different finds. Also a Plymouth key.

The freshwater shark weighs about 10lbs. Looks like a black tipped.

I was excited about the gold. FIRST blue star sapphire ring I have found. 14K, 6.56 grams.

I also found a 1935 Merc and a 1950 wheat. This was my third dive. Yesterday I found a few odds and ends but had to quit early as I was being run over by boats.

I thought of an idea with that one also. Cops can shoot folks trying to run over them with automobiles. I don't want to put holes in their boats or ruin their weekend. I was thinking an automatic paint ball gun. Black, blue and red splotches would look good on a million dollar white boat don't you think?

I could then prove they were closer than 200' to me and color their world! Hear an engine pop up and have the paintball air tank in my float with the gun on top and just pull the trigger. I think that would get their attention for sure.

While we were leaving I got a call about an I-pad and an I-phone in a marina less than 5 miles away. Went there and got both in about two minutes. That added to my daily total. No idea if either can be saved but they wanted them.

A lot of bullets including two 50 cal heads. A rare find for me is a live BB cap round. My father had a BB cap rifle and the I think the bullets are hard to find. A nice Fire King white bowl, made in USA and a few other odds and ends.

Made for a great weekend.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Last edited:
Upvote 31
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of fun targets, with some nice pieces of jewelry. :occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The downrigger weight hurt to lose. Not as much as the rings though!
The Johnson silver (?) Minnow lost it's shine ,but not it's shape.

Great recoveries.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats on the awesome, gold, blue star sapphire ring & song too! :icon_thumright:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. The Yeungling brewery(bottle cap) is right up the road from me in the next town.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't find the "LOVE IT" button_______ "like" seems a bit inadequate for that KICK- :censored: haul

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great sassy molassy, I wish I could scuba ( BTW bud light lime is good stuff)

Louisiana Ken

Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Like that fishing lure! Congrats on that 14K ring!!!!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I look forward to seeing the car when you get it completed.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some of the most beautiful pop tops I have ever seen!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goodjob-scraps4.gif

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds and sweet Star sapphire ring! I want to see when you find the engine to the Plymouth and bring that beast up! Paintball those boaters, might startle them or may make them fire back, hard to tell. spotted yacht, neat!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Interesting finds and sweet Star sapphire ring! I want to see when you find the engine to the Plymouth and bring that beast up! Paintball those boaters, might startle them or may make them fire back, hard to tell. spotted yacht, neat!

The sheriff said I could be arrested for felony assault? They are coming at me with a lethal weapon and I just want to color their world? I think not. I am going to contact an attorney and see what they think. Cops can use deadly force at a vehicle coming at them. Why can't I grab some attention and paint a boat coming at me?

I know how cops think. I will see what the law really is. Cops have to see a boat within 200 foot of my flag. If they see a painted boat they would know beyond a shadow of a doubt it was within 50' of my flag. Automatic paintball gun with air tank in my float, that would give me a warm fuzzy feeling when the million dollar yacht was colored in splotches!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread