🥇 BANNER AFTER A BAD START, FOUND 2 OF THE BEST BUTTONS EVER

petroguy3666

Aug 11, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HI EVERYONE, I HAD A UNEVENTFUL SUMMER AND RIGHT AT THE END OF MY LAST DAYS A VACATION, I FOUND 2 OF MY VERY BEST BUTTONS. I FOUND A GW INAUGURAL CUFF BUTTON AND A MASS REGt BUTTON. THE GW BUTTON IS MUCH SMALLER THAN YOU NORMALLY SEE, ITS ONLY 18MM. I COULDN'T BELIEVE I FOUND THIS STRETCH OF WOODS IN NJ THAT LOOK LIKE IT WAS GOING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME, THEN WOW. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS A GW BUTTON TILL I GOT HOME.
I ADDED SOME PICS OF THE OTHER STUFF I FOUND, I ALSO FOUND 2 8PD CANNONBALLS, BUT I THEY ARE STILL SOAKING IN EVAPORUST.
JUST HAD TO SHARE MY DUMB LUCK WITH YOU ALL

Attachments

• SAM_4474.JPG
    SAM_4474.JPG
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 540
  • SAM_4475.JPG
    SAM_4475.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 334
  • SAM_4482.JPG
    SAM_4482.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 405
  • SAM_4498.JPG
    SAM_4498.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 316
  • SAM_4499.JPG
    SAM_4499.JPG
    947 KB · Views: 284
  • SAM_4485.JPG
    SAM_4485.JPG
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Upvote 74

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats on banner

WolfmoonX

Dec 4, 2004
New Jersey
Very cool finds! What part of NJ? In the past few weeks, I have been seeing someone detecting off the side of the road that I take on the way home from work. I'm sure some rev war relics have been found in the area. New Egypt, Cookstown, Cream Ridge area.

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations, On your incredible finds & banner well deserved !

OP
OP
P

petroguy3666

Aug 11, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR VOTING FOR ME!!!! I am pinching myself that i have this button. I have not stopped thinking or looking at it. I am going back to this spot 2morrow and the 2 cannonballs i found in the area telling me that this could be one of those MD;s dream spots. If you know anything about Jersey, there is very little places to hunt. I dont think there has been really anybody living in this spot. I did see what i think is a old foundation. I am going to hit these woods 2morrow hard.
I have been asked where i was when i found these, Its in a place you wouldn't think to hunt. A very large section of woods. I still am not sure what is the connection to the Mass button and the rev war relics I found and these woods. The GW button was in the same woods, but a couple footballs fields away, near this foundation i think i found.
I have been trying to trace the movements of the Continental Army in NJ and I am hoping this might be a route they were taking to go to Northern NJ.
I can say its central NJ where these woods are.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THIS VERY RARE HONOR!!!!!!

Stoneman227

Greenie
Sep 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are sniffing in the right direction with your research. Well deserved Banner digs !

jimbonito58

May 6, 2016
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/stock coil , 8x5 & nels storm ,garret carrot
Makro racer 2 w/stock coil ,5" round & 9x5.5 Makro PinP
Mindlab CTX 3030 11'coil / 10x5 coiltek, Minelab 17" smart coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on those awesome Finds

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SUPER buttons and nice getting your hands on a piece of important history. If those buttons could talk I would love to hear their stories. I am thrilled for you.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The GW, that's a cuff sized version I've never seen before. Has anyone else ever seen a cuff GW like that? I've saw other cuffs, but never one of this style. Exceptional find and I think that must be super-rare. I know it's not as common as the large coat sized version of this design.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If that's dumb luck, I think we all could use a dose! :laughing7:

Congratulations on those amazing buttons and on achieving your first BANNER! :thumbsup:

Dave

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200, Spectra V3i, DRS Ground Exper Pro, back to Outbound best overall sadly!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner!!! I would need a new pair of pants just finding one of them! So many great buttons being posted on this forum in the past week or so!

What is 1730 KG coin toy?? Could you send me some info as to the book I can look up some of your relics on??

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Super finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
What is 1730 KG coin toy?? Could you send me some info as to the book I can look up some of your relics on??

Opps! Not enough room in my signature to clarify. I mean't to write 1730 King George II Whizzer Toy. Basically a halfpenny with two holes drilled in it, where two pieces of string would go. One would then twist the coin, and release it, making the coin spin around. Very popular from the colonial times until the mid 1800's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions