Things I found today

B

boojagirl

I found these at the high school, I wanted to look around the entrance to the pool but it is all concrete. I found the coin when I was looking around the empty lot behind one of the churches, there was a house there but it burned down, you can still kind of tell where the house was, which reminds me, should I bother looking around where the house was or should I just look around where the yard was? Also I asked if I could look around at a different church and they said I could but I could'nt dig :o, what the heck is the point of detecting if you can't dig up what you find?!

Attachments

• P1010101.JPG
    P1010101.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 758
  • P1010102.JPG
    P1010102.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 776
  • P1010103.JPG
    P1010103.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 776
  • P1010105.JPG
    P1010105.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 761
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 759
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 766
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I have been told the same thing when asking to detect... ???

I did find some silver coins where a house burned once. Most of them had turned into a glob of silver. I could read the date on a few but even they were in rough shape. You will have a hard time if they didn't do a good job cleaning up. Oh, gold would also be in a glob in the ground. Good luck!

DANGLANGLEY

R

RUDY2003

Good job of diggin'!
It's cool to find an Aussie coin there huh?

Keep safe...

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spark plug wrench..the thin that looks like a hammer screwdriver........Ilike that pen ..
your doin great with the finds
hh and good luck!!!

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LUCKY is right...forgot what they looked like till i saw mine on the back porch!!!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I would check that yard and work my way around.at old houses my experience is that the front
was hotspots of activity.

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

I figured the front would be the best too so I mainly checked there, I had to go home though cause my girls were comming home, they are supposed to go with my parents tommorow so I am gona go back and look around some more.

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

is the aussie coin worth anything or is it like a token or something?

Loosemoose

Jun 13, 2007
Sydney Australia
Detector(s) used
Excal
Uh yeah, as of right now that Aussie coin is worth about 79 US cents. (We also have $2 coins) Sometimes when I'm beach hunting over there, I like to drop some 5's 10's and 20's around, just to give the other MDers something different to find.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done a lot of tear downs and the front yard is always more productive then the back.. Don't forget to do the area between the sidewalk and the street, if no sidewalk do by the street anyways... always check the grass by the sidewalks coins roll and fall by the grass line.

DPSB

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Way to go boojagirl. Keep the detector humming. Nice finds and since I didn't say it before, Welcome to the Tnet site. Great people and great support.
HH Roy

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

There is no sidewalk there, it has been about 2 years since they burned the house down so the grass is taking over but you can still estimate where about the house was and where the driveway was. When people tear down a house if there was a basement do they fill it in? Can you tell if there had been a basement there?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great keepers, Boo!! Especially like that Aussie coin!!

Congrats!! Nana :)

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY NICE COIN, MY FRIEND!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! IT'S THE THRILL OF THE HUNT, YOU KNOW! YOU HAVE MUCH MORE GROUND TO COVER AND KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR FINDS....

MELNATCAT ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread