First coins this year

pony

Greenie
Feb 12, 2005
Lansing, MI
Michigan is finally starting to thaw out! It hit 40 today, and I took the Explorer I bought over the winter out in the front yard tonight to see how it would act, being used to my XLT. I only had 1/2 hour or so before dark, dug up 3 pennies, no wheat. But I was totally impressed on accuracy and ease of use, however I can tell this is going to take a lot of hours (days? weeks?) to master. I won't bother posting a photo until I get something worth posting.
I guess more than anything, I just wanted to say to everyone here that I totally enjoy reading all the posts regarding tips and finds. It really helps when you're stuck inside, not being able to get out, to see what others are finding. I have only been a member for a short time, and hope to be able to contribute someting soon. Until later, happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Pony,
Doesn't matter if you think your find is insignificant or not, let's see photos of your finds. As they say "A picture is worth a thousand words" or "Every picture tells a story". Glad to see your getting out and mastering your MD. Keep us informed on your finds. Advise number one; when the weather turns warm build yourself a detecting pit. Throw in some coins, pull-tabs, in a random depth and area, be sure to put some coins on edge and on an angle too. This technique will help you improve on your detecting skills. I can tell you by experience that mine detecting bed has paid off several times.

Good Luck
49er

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Minelab Explorers do have a big leaning curve. I had an Explorer II for a little while, then traded it in for a DFX, as I was more comfortable with a Whites. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread