White gold ring plus silver!

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
The local beach has been a case of the mumbles 8 out of 10 hunts with hordes of local and tourist people detecting the poor thing to death. So I fired up Google Earth and found myself my own private beach to hunt, well almost.

Tourist Tim ventured down onto the wet sand for an hour. He dug craters and left all his trash beside his craters for kids to step on GRRRRR, what a wanker. I picked up his trash and kicked sand in his holes less passers by thought I made that mess. I wanted to grab his detector and break it over my knee and toss his Home Depot flower garden shovel out in the surf! Fortunately Mr. Dung for brains went back up onto the dry sand.

Good lord there were targets everywhere, most of this stuff came from about a 30x70 foot stretch of wet sand dang. Quite a change from detected to death local beach, I'll be back!

stuff.jpg

Here's the white gold 14k ring, a nice wide ladies band whoohoo!

ring005.jpg

Here's another pic

wgr.jpg

Also found this silver earing, man that tarnish is seriously thick. My coin cleaner didn't even phase it.

earing002.jpg

Here's the back, 925. Looks old, I dug a wheat cent near this.
erback.jpg

Here's the makers mark

14k.jpg

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that ring!! Darn shame people can't cover their holes & leaving the trash laying around.

Otherwise, looks like you had a good day at the beach.

;) RR

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Gold and silver!
That ring is a prize for sure!

Congrats on an excellent beach hunt!

Ridley

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring you found and you sure worked for it. Probably some more there too. Congrats on the very nice find!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't beat that....Nice find's,have you ever tried NEVR-DULL...work's great on all metal's.

LEOJ

Jun 20, 2006
Logan County, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exp. II
Nice, Charles---Very nice?! So perhaps you've got your Gold Mo-Jo going once again...

QUOTE CHARLES[I wanted to grab his detector and break it over my knee and toss his Home Depot flower garden shovel out in the surf!]

I've get a mental picture of that! That's pretty funny. I bet it would be therapeutic. You know, stress relief... Probably even get your picture in the local news paper,then you could post your finds right there along with your picture. How convenient!

You da man, Charles!

Joel

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Gold and silver, a perfect day! I love that ring.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
That ring is a beauty! Nice earring and pile o clad you got there. Yes, I would definately go back to that beach. I agree, it gets pretty irritating when you have to spend your time filling someone else's holes and picking up their garbage! I've had to do that numerous times...matter of fact I had to fill a bunch yesterday...like you I don't want people thinking that I made those holes and left that trash around.

Hope you find lots more at that spot. 8)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o :o Very nice indeed. We need to change your name though. Let's see, RING KING sounds nice! Thanks for taking the time to do the right thing, that being covering the Nut Jobs holes and picking up his trash. When we all see something like this taking place we need to talk to that person. I have seen beaches in CA closed to detecting just because of stupidy like that.
HH Ring King. :D

Desertfox

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice finds, WTG!!!
Good job of cleaning up after, "Tourist Tim". It's guys like that, that give this hobby a bad name...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Charles (Upstate NY)

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
civilman1 said:
Can't beat that....Nice find's,have you ever tried NEVR-DULL...work's great on all metal's.

No but I may have to give that a try, failing that I'll zap it with electrolisis. Now that I think about it I have some seriously black silver from the Jersey Shore I dug a few years back that needs zapping also.

OP
OP
Charles (Upstate NY)

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
desertfox said:
:o :o Very nice indeed. We need to change your name though. Let's see, RING KING sounds nice! HH Ring King. :D
Desertfox

LOL, no I come home from the beach too many days with a case of the mumbles to be a ring king. How about Lucky S.O.B.? I tell you its weird. I have dug 4 gold rings since moving here in April. In all four cases I scanned the mile of beach left and right, then walked right out to within 20-30 feet of the gold ring and dug it. In one case I walked out to the waters edge and put the coil down right on top of it. I then gridded the beach in all directions for a considerable distance and the one ring was all that was there. Go figure!

Well I'm off to dig in the dirt today, if I dig another gold or silver ring I'm buying a lotto ticket!

Charles

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sweet ring Charles. What's something like that worth in resale? $200?

Too bad you had to do damage control. Sometimes it goes with the hobby.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread