Weekend Update. Hey IdahoToken Man!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Got some much needed therapy today. Hit a field in my old home town I grew up in. It hasn't been planted in a few years and is a nightmare to hunt. I know there are some good targets in here so I torture myself to get to them. Cool find of the day was "The Sportsman's Home" token from Apple Bros. in Sterling, Illinois. It came out looking like a nickel but, the VDI numbers showed higher value so I knew it was something different. Found a broken piece of Model T Ford bearing cap. I believe I have another Model T Ford part in here too. Can't recall exactly what it is? Points? Was really hoping for some coins in this field but, with all the nasty twigs, trees, and other vegetation it's nearly impossible to detect much of it. The two barely wheat pennies came from my other field on Friday's hunt. Lot's of weird field finds. I was getting a bit stir crazy not being able to hunt yesterday due to rain. I was glad to get out today and relax a bit. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Amboy Parker Field 007.JPG Amboy Parker Field 004.JPG Amboy Parker Field 005.JPG Amboy Parker Field 006.JPG Amboy Parker Field 003.JPG Amboy Parker Field 008.JPG Amboy Parker Field 011.JPG Amboy Parker Field 012.JPG Amboy Parker Field 013.JPG Amboy Parker Field 014.JPG Amboy Parker Field 009.JPG

Upvote 18

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice also that in the picture I referenced-- the window on the left is painted with "The Sportsman's Home", as on your token.
Don.......

The picture was amazing. Yes, I noticed the Bar name. Never thought someone would produce a picture to match my find. You continually astound me with your researching prowess!:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread