Good News, Bad News Clover Field Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Shot back to the Clover Field after work today. I opened up the CV trunk to get my Racer and Predator relic shovel and the shovel is NOT there! OH NO!!! I think I drove away last night while it slid off from leaning against the car. I was SICK in my gut. Well, not one to let this ruin my day I headed out into the clover field. Dug the typical brass shrapnel, some old led stuff, and a cool old round brass whatsit thingy. Moving slowly through the thicket of clover I got a shallow tiny target and pulled up the cool little "clock" looking thing. Roman numerals on the face and I wonder if it might have been a watch?

I kept after it although my mind was still thinking of my lost Predator shovel. I dug the cool little nickel-silver plated buckle. Cute. It was getting towards sundown and I worked toward the CV. I got a nice shallow repeatable signal and plucked out the way cool old A Dales 2 1/2 cent token coin. Looks like an old one. I took a business card to the local Shell station with my LOST Predator relic shovel information on it and stuck it on the bulletin board. I also met with the local police gal and told her of my lost shovel should someone try to find it's owner and contact them.

I gotta' go find me a backup shovel so adios. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 001.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 002.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 003.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 004.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 005.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 009.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 010.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 012.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 013.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 025.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 019.JPG A. Dales Token Hunt Parker's Field 022.JPG

Upvote 27

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are the token master! The clock motif thing is intriguing. Congrats!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cave man....scratch ground with bare hands till fingers bleed !! Uhhhh uhhhh !!
Nice finds, sorry about your shovel !! Got a feeling that somthing great is gonna pop out of one of those feilds. You get the same feeling kevin ?? I keep watching your posts because it feels like a gold coin or something is gonna pop out of there any second. Been getting some good stuff outa those feilds, congrats !!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios, like Bart sez...u been pulling some huge keepers out of that clover field...I'd have to guess there's more than one four leaf clover there! Absolutely LUV that token...u been stacking some seriously awesome tokens from that site. Sorry about your lost sod removal unit...I've done the same thing, but not with my digger-don't ask. Looking forward to another token find soon! Ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, sorry to hear about the Predator, I use the same shovel.
You managed to salvage the day with a good hunt.
Congratulations

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cave man....scratch ground with bare hands till fingers bleed !! Uhhhh uhhhh !!
Nice finds, sorry about your shovel !! Got a feeling that somthing great is gonna pop out of one of those feilds. You get the same feeling kevin ?? I keep watching your posts because it feels like a gold coin or something is gonna pop out of there any second. Been getting some good stuff outa those feilds, congrats !!

Ha Ha! The dirt along the river bank is very "loamy" and easy to dig with cave man hands. I will use my gloves though. I just ordered a Lil' Digger shovel off E-bay. I have been meaning to get a backup shovel anyway. If I don't get the Predator returned I guess I'll either get the new piranha shovel or give George Lesche a call and see if he can get me my old model 95 back. I loved that 11 inch blade for fields and woods. You can move some earth quickly! This field has potential for many first finds as well as the surrounding woods and river bank. I can see Seated Half dollars, Morgans, and hopefully a little Seated Half Dime. Gold coins are also welcome. The tokens are getting me pretty excited for what may be waiting just around the bend.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, sorry to hear about the Predator, I use the same shovel.
You managed to salvage the day with a good hunt.
Congratulations

I was pretty distraught over leaving my old sidekick behind last night. It may show up. If not I'll be getting another Predator heavy duty shovel to replace it. I need a huge blade and serious craftsmanship for moving some earth, iron, boulders, etc. This little patch of dirt is holding some more goodies. I just wish I could swing the whole thing. The vegetation is thick, tall, and preventing much real swinging. I shall persevere!:headbang:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the token master! The clock motif thing is intriguing. Congrats!!

I am sure there's more cool stuff to be found. Tokens are getting me pretty excited about finding more Bucket List Coins in the field and surrounding woods along the river. Should be an interesting fall season. I'll be BACK!:hello:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your still got to dig, but it isn't the same. The token is a good one, your getting a nice collection of late. That kind of sucks loosing or just misplacing the shovel. I know I just did the same and was starting to retrace my short stints of digging in my mind. Going through some serious crap that has thrown us on edge and finally realized that I had unpacked the tools out of the truck and put them in the other end of the 80' long shop. I was all happy texted the wife and told her I found my shovel! She wrote back and said I sounded like a little boy-that made me smile and on my way I went for a digging smiling day.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sorry to hear about your shovel. Its an awful feeling when you realize that you have lost a piece of your gear. That token is very nice. Good job!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that token Kurios. Good luck in finding your shovel or having it returned.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds, that field is holding some more for you, that token is just a sample!:icon_thumright: Sorry that your shovel went missing but hopefully the person who found it will see your info and contact you to get back to you.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm amazed of the variety of finds your making. Did you do any research on the area? Seems like the "Unique Treasure Gods" just collected a bunch of stuff and dropped them on your clover field!:laughing7:

Must be hard to go to work:laughing7:

Sorry about your shovel! Did you let any :censored:'s fly:laughing7:

Another fine token:icon_thumright:

Keep up the good work Kevin!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm amazed of the variety of finds your making. Did you do any research on the area? Seems like the "Unique Treasure Gods" just collected a bunch of stuff and dropped them on your clover field!:laughing7:

Must be hard to go to work:laughing7:

Sorry about your shovel! Did you let any :censored:'s fly:laughing7:

Another fine token:icon_thumright:

Keep up the good work Kevin!

Let's just say I know a LOT about where I am finding this stuff. My old stomping grounds. I am trying to be discrete as I like the solitude of hunting alone out here. I'd hate to see a crew of "lurkers" mysteriously show up to plunder this sight with some pretty good potential. Not trying to sound "selfish" but, there's a reason I always were camo into the field. Someday I would like to share a bit more on the old history surrounding this area. Gotta' run!:icon_thumright:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's just say I know a LOT about where I am finding this stuff. My old stomping grounds. I am trying to be discrete as I like the solitude of hunting alone out here. I'd hate to see a crew of "lurkers" mysteriously show up to plunder this sight with some pretty good potential. Not trying to sound "selfish" but, there's a reason I always were camo into the field. Someday I would like to share a bit more on the old history surrounding this area. Gotta' run!:icon_thumright:

I don't blame you! Go get um:icon_thumleft:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, sorry to hear about your digger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread