Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted around a spot this week that I've hunted before and just worked it slow. Over a couple evening hunts I found a few old coins and the cool Boy Scouts Good Luck Token. Sunday I was out running errands with my daughter and I had researched a spot where an old school and church was. The church is still in use but the school is just a field site which is perfect for detecting. Unfortunately after getting permission to hunt we found that the school site is covered in 2 feet of grass. We looked around the old church but it was not producing any signals. I decide to finish out one stretch of yard right next to the tall grass of the school site. I made one pass without a signal and turned to go down my next row when I got a 12-46 about 4" down on the Etrac. I though to myself I will at least have a clad quarter for my efforts here. I dug a big plug and was surprised to see that my clad quarter was nice Barber half. I called my little girl over to check it out and to take a few pics of it there on the plug. It's crazy how I have been wanting to dig a Barber half since the last one I dug was 20 plus years ago and now I have got two in the last month or so. This one has some cool dark toning from the decomposing roots and vegetation that was on it for all these years. I finished out this spot with a little bit of clad and trash. Of course now all I can think about is what may be hiding around the old school site under all that tall grass. I am going to ask if I can mow it down before winter to see if I can luck up on another nice keeper. I hope everyone gets in a few more nice hunts before it gets too cold. Good Luck-David

P6NNMKn.jpg EhlhDXq.jpg S0PnWXL.jpg

rGHwj89.jpg p0V8x6G.jpg C1cBJYA.jpg

Upvote 48

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the killer set of finds, especially the BIG Barber.

Well played sir!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice couple layers of finds!

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big-O-Silver gets you a Big-O-Congrats. Looks like it was a nice hunt.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Thanks David for the post and good pictures and super great finds, way to go and good for you. Pray for a long and prosperous Indian summer HH to all

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work. Bring your mower and find more.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet score on the uniquely toned Big Barber Half Dollar. Gas up the mower and get some more!:headbang:

Louisiana Ken

Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’m jealous!!!! I’ve found Barber dimes and quarters but never a half. Nice score!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions