Halloween Hunt

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back out to the garbage dump along the railroad earlier today before the fun and festivities, found a few things, including this cool crockery marble from the 1800s, a more modern swirly marble, whats left of a pocket watch, a glass "China" button, and a interesting little pearl shell button with a cats eye in the center and ring around it. Also an old .45 casing, an interesting blue porcelain bead, and that whiskey bottle from the early 1900s. The pocket watch piece has a bunch of early 1900s patent dates on it, but they are very difficult to read. I can make out a 1901, 1905 or 1906 and a 1907 patent dates, though. I cant tell what the rest says. Also found a few date nails, one little 192? on the ground, two more from random fence posts and the rest from a little old corral Ive been driving by for years. I stopped there before a long time ago, and checked out the first post you come to, but didnt check it out any further because it is a very small corral, I didnt see a nail in the first post and because so overgrown. But this time I decided to brave the thorny brush and sure enough, there was about 10, including a little 1923 which broke when I attempted to pull it. Oh well. Mostly 1925s and 1927s, the two most common years you find down here, but its always fun to find one, no matter the year.

DSC04542.jpg DSC04544.jpg DSC04545.jpg DSC04546.jpg DSC04547.jpg

Upvote 11
OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess thats actually a glazed clay marble, not a crockery marble. Im not 100% sure though, it just looks like the same kind of material old crocks are made of.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back out this morning to continue where I left off, but didn't find much, as I was not feeling so energetic. First thing is a little narrow or baby gauge railroad spike, a cool old relic from the mining era out here. Also found a little 1912 date nail, its rough but you can read it. Its also a new one for me. Ive found a larger 1912 before, but it was so rusty and difficult to read, I didnt keep it. The shell is a Sears and Roebucks, probably from the 1940s or 1950s or something. The True Blue button is, from what little I could find online, from the 1920s or so, and supposedly rare according to one guy who posted a photo of his on Pinterest. Last but not least is another little blue bead. I dont know what it is with these blue beads, but I seem to find a lot of them. Thanks for looking.

DSC04553.jpg DSC04554.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread