Scouting Missions...

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I've been hitting a few different spots to scout out their potential for some cool old stuff. No old coins, tokens, or much to go by yet. I found all the older style pull tabs in about a thirty minute stretch. I thought for certain some wheats or silver would show up. NOPE! I know the history of the one field I hunted today but, Haven't hunted it much yet. Yesterday and today are actually my first times out here. Found lots of melted brass and lead globs. Must have been a fire to a structure? An old one room school house was around here somewhere and I heard a hotel as well. I'll keep poking around and see if what I think should be here actually reveals itself. Thanks for stopping by for the junk show! Kurois1

Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 006.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 002.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 005.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 010.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 011.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 012.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 013.JPG Scouting Hunts ACP & Schultze 014.JPG

Upvote 17

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not every mission pays off but if you do enough it soon will. Keep looking and you will find pay dirt!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not every mission pays off but if you do enough it soon will. Keep looking and you will find pay dirt!

Yep, persistence does have it's rewards. I'll keep after it!:headbang:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer Pull Tabs,, lol
It's only a matter of time before you stumble upon some the old coins dropped by the students of the schoolhouse or guests of the hotel.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep looking for signs of a structure Kurios. The fields are the place to be this time of year.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its just a matter of time before it shows up!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thrill of the hunt is what is exciting. Of course it the good stuff keeps you going. Sure looks like my typical hunts. It sure is fun to on ponder the tidbits. Good luck!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you found a great spot to detect! :occasion14:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always love a good scouting mission! Nice variety of finds.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scouting is a laborious task and can be frustrating but when you find a good site it makes all of the trouble worth it. Keep pluggin' away

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you pulled your share of targets. So if it takes 100 pieces of trash between good targtes, you are over half the way there to getting a keeper under your coil. Have you reviewed maps of the county back in the 1800's? We are lucky up north, there are many old county atlas's for our areas. GL & HH

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you pulled your share of targets. So if it takes 100 pieces of trash between good targtes, you are over half the way there to getting a keeper under your coil. Have you reviewed maps of the county back in the 1800's? We are lucky up north, there are many old county atlas's for our areas. GL & HH

I have done some basic research from books and information gathered from area historians. To be honest I don't invest as much time as I should in researching. If I know the general vicinity some old structures or activities were located I am content to wander around until I start getting hits. Sometimes the best finds aren't actually near any structures and in "quiet" dirt. You just never know?:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread